Falling in a crevasse

• Arjen
    Advanced
    Arjen op 2 September 2015 · 18:26
    Wow, how lucky was this guy... Documenting the whole experience with his phone. Pretty unreal...

One day, they'll invent synthetic powder, ban all kinds of work and give you a free liftpass...
  • Swiz
    Advanced
    Swiz op 4 September 2015 · 11:27
    Yes. That's lucky. But how beautiful is it down there.... I don't want to trade places, that's for sure!
  • Lukas95
    Beginner
    Lukas95 op 5 September 2015 · 22:59
    How is it possible that you can fall that deep and that you are not injured at all? Unbelievable. I don't like riding on glaciers myself, too much danger because of that crevasses.
    Give me powder please
  • thiebout
    thiebout op 6 November 2015 · 10:41
    I can tell you; you don't want to trade places...I fell during mountaineering about thirty years ago also in a deep crevasse in austria. below me was a huge cathedral and then..nothing & dark. Still remember every second of it and the feeeling; will a survive or not. Only nice thing where the icecristals all around me.
  • Soulrider
    Advanced
    Soulrider op 13 November 2015 · 09:58
    @thiebout Wow, that must have been one scary experience. The fact that you still feel it after 30 years makes me avoid these kind of accidents even more. Thanks for sharing!

You need to be logged in to post a comment in this topic. Login or create an account.

Upgrade to wepowder Pro

• Extended 14 day forecast
  • Slope angle and exposition terrain layers
  • Inspirational freeride routes
wePowder Pro