What is the best avalanche airbag?

• Lukas95
    Beginner
    Lukas95 op 8 September 2015 · 22:14
    I'm looking for an avalanche airbag, but the question is which one I should buy. Obviously you have ABS, but also Mammut. I saw the airbag from Black Diamond, the Jetforce and I stumbled upon this video. I like the airbag because it's a fan and not a cylinder. Do you guys have experiences with backpacks? What are the pros and cons of the several systems?

Give me powder please
  • Swiz
    Advanced
    Swiz op 12 September 2015 · 18:30
    My suggestion is that you try on multiple backpacks. Some brands will fit you perfectly, others won't. I have an ABS pack for a couple of years now and that works perfect for me (I never had use it fortunately). I can imagine that the Jetforce is easier on airplanes, I have no experience with that. Good luck!
  • TheDoctor
    Expert
    TheDoctor op 15 September 2015 · 15:22
    Same advice here. Check all the brands. In my opinion it doesn't really matter what system you use. They all do the same: hopefully keep you on top of the snow. I'm interested in the Jetforce airbag myself, but I couldn't find it anywhere last season. Maybe it was sold out quick.
    Vive le old school!

You need to be logged in to post a comment in this topic. Login or create an account.

Upgrade to wepowder Pro

• Extended 14 day forecast
  • Slope angle and exposition terrain layers
  • Inspirational freeride routes
wePowder Pro