Go North! PNW is loaded!

Go North! PNW is loaded!
Deep in the PNW
Deep in the PNW

Welcome on our new powfinder app and/or new website. A new season, an optimized forecast, more stoke. This winter I, meteo Morris and of course the complete wePowder team, will service you with my handmade weatherforecasts. My goal? To guarantee powder. Whether you live near a skihill or far far away. I will tell you where the flakes are going. Don’t hesitate to give me feedback, send me your reports or share your thoughts on local conditions. And in case you need a hand, just contact me through Facebook.

Current conditions

The differences on the continent are big right now. The North is gifted with a thick and solid base, California had a good start for the season but is waiting for a new dump whereas Utah, Colorado and the southern destinations are suffering for powder. The best advice for the upcoming days I can give you is Go North! Espacially the PNW is loaded.

But beware. Although the North has a thick base, a layer of surface hoar or a thin crust has been formed last week. Reports indicate that up to 50 to 130 cm of recent storm snow may now sit above a surface hoar layer that developed last week and was buried on the 28th. So tracking outbounds is pretty dangerous at the moment.

Solid base
Solid base

Short term

A new storm arrives today and heavy snowfall and strong winds are forecast. A frontal system will move through State Washington and southern BC on Tuesday bringing moderate snow, very strong winds, and rising freezing levels. Unsettled and cooler conditions are expected in the wake of this system. Expect to see some clearing during the west in the middle of the week and cloudy and some flurries at the rockies. Due to high pressure it will remain sunny in the South untill at least wednesday.

Long term

It looks like this storm eventually will track more southeast than expected and bring snow towards Utah and Colorado on Thursday. That said it is still pretty unclear what will happen after Friday. There are some scenario’s that the jettream will be more in favor of pushing powder towards Utah and Colorado where as other scenario’s are in favor of the North

Powder Advice

The short term is crystal clear. Go PNW, go North!

meteomorris
Never miss a PowderAlert!

Get updates on the latest news, PowderAlerts and more!