Cold smoke blower pow

Cold smoke blower pow

Welcome on our new powfinder app and/or new website. A new season, an optimized forecast, more stoke. This winter I, MeteoMorris and of course the complete wePowder team, will service you with my handmade weatherforecasts. My goal? To guarantee powder. Whether you live near a skihill or far far away. I will tell you where the flakes are going. Don’t hesitate to give me feedback, send me your reports or share your thoughts on local conditions. And in case you need a hand, just contact me through Facebook or through our forum.

Good news!

Finally, Cold smoke blower pow, snowlevels that drop, dump, dump, dump. This is a storm you don’t wanna miss.

Current conditions

Mt. Baker, Crystal, Stevens Pass and Whistler. They all are reporting freshies this morning and the good thing… it’s still dumping. Reports may go up to 30 inches of fresh powder, with off course Mt. Baker on top.As expected this is the storm that will set the winter. Jetstream is turning northwest instead of the continues southwestern airflows we had the last weeks. It brought a loft of Sugar to interior BC, but now it’s time to track South towards Utah and Colorado. They are suffering for powder.

This storm will arrive at the Tetons on Saturday morning. The first day this season that Jackson will open the tram. Although Jackson isn’t favored by a northwestern flow, make sure you don’t miss it… They do have a base of 53 inches already. The thickest snowpack of the Rockies so far.

But as mentioned northwestern flows are in favor of Targhee and the Teton Pass (check the local avalanche bulletin before you start touring!). When Rendez-Vous mountain is tracked and you did all the lines outside the gates then you might consider tracking South. Cause the storm is moving onwards.

Saturday afternoon the lake effect will come up and bring some snow to the little and big Cottonwood Canyons. Not as much as in Baker, but 9-19 inches are not unrealistic. But beware, it wa dry for a long time there and powderstress might allover the place. So instead tracking south you may consider Montana where there is little powderstress and Bridger Bowl and Bozeman will get their share also.

And then finally snow for western and northern Colorado. Since a week there was something to focus on. And here it is. After a month with no snow finally a storm is tracking south. For sure this will not be the dump of the century but 5-10, who knows 15 inch might be possible. If the seeder-feeder effect will come in place who knows what might happen on Sunday.

So what would be my picks?

Saturday first chair at the PNW or even better first tram at JH.

Sunday for powderstress towards Utah and Colorado, for less stress Montana.

It’s all up to you. But you better be quick cause there is finally powder! Share some reports with me!

Long term?

Stay possitive! We might see a new storm the middle of next week and probably a second one the end of next week. Will be back online on monday with a new forecast.

Stay stoked

Morris

meteomorris
Never miss a PowderAlert!

Get updates on the latest news, PowderAlerts and more!