Powder-A-L-E-R-T.. finally

Powder-A-L-E-R-T.. finally
It's coming
It’s coming

Finally! High pressure has been dominating the west for at least 14 days now, blocking all the storms. But, the weather is changing. New storms are moving in, temperatures will finally drop and moisture is moving in. Although the start is a bit slow and a bit too warm.

On Wednesday and Thursday we will see storm affected snow in the PNW and Canadian Rockies caused by the strong southwestern winds that moved in. Especially in the higher alpine areas you’ll find wind packed snow. Tahoe, Utah and Colorado will see snow levels that are pretty high for mid-winter. But hey, there is finally fresh powder.

Second storm

A second storm episode starts on Friday. Two storms are moving in. One in the north and a warmer one with tropical origins in the south. The northern storm is focusing on the PNW, the warmer storm will bring snow to southern Utah and the San Juan Mountains. Both storms will bring warmer temperatures as a start.

But there is more

And then there is the third episode, starting on Saturday. The upper air stream is turning northwest and it looks like we’ll finally see some blower pow coming in.

Powderadvice - Pacific Northwest

The resorts in the PNW are already reporting fresh powder this morning. And there is more to come. Colder air and moisture is moving in on Saturday and I do expect continuing snowfalls until Wednesday. As the air is significantly cooler, snow amounts will be bigger.

Friday: First chair alarm Mt. Baker and Whistler

Monday - Wednesday First chair alarm for the complete PNW

Powderadvice - Canadian Rockies

Fresh snow this morning in the Rockies. Colder air is expected! Colder air and moisture are moving in on Saturday and I do expect continuing snowfalls until Wednesday. As the air is significantly cooler, snow amounts will be bigger.

Friday: First chair alarm

Monday - Wednesday First chair alarm

Powderadvice - US Rockies

Colder air and moisture are moving in on Saturday and I do expect continuing snowfalls until Wednesday. As the air is significantly cooler, snow amounts will be bigger.

Sunday - Wednesday: First chair alarm for the US Rockies

Powderadvice - Tahoe

Warm, but fresh snow this morning in Tahoe. Colder air is expected! Colder air and moisture are moving in on Saturday and I do expect continues snowfalls until Wednesday. As the air is significantly cooler, snow amounts will be bigger.

Powderadvice - Utah

A weak storm will bring 2-6 inches to the Wasatch Range today.Some new snow is expected on Saturday. Light snowfalls to begi with becoming moderate to heavy from Sunday to Monday. Temperatures will drop, which is good for the snow-water equivalent. I do expect up to two feet on Wednesday morning.

Powderalert - Colorado (San Juan Mountains will be on)

The first decent snow is expected in the night from Friday to Saturday in the San Juan Mountains. Snow levels are expected around 7500 ft. A second storm will be cooler and will affect most of Colorado, although most snow is expected in Southern Colorado.

Saturday: First chair alarm San Juan Mountains

Monday - Wednesday: First chair alarm San Juan Mountains

Tuesday - Wednesday: First chair alarm Colorado

Stay stoked

Morris

meteomorris
Never miss a PowderAlert!

Get updates on the latest news, PowderAlerts and more!