Winter forecast 15/16: cold with lots of snow

Winter forecast 15/16: cold with lots of snow

Yes, this was the news we were waiting for. Sepp Haslinger doesn’t really need complicated computer models to make predictions. A glance at the Königskerze, which is a plant, and he’ll tell you what kind of winter you can expect. He predicted a relatively poor winter for the Northern Alps last season and when we look back then you can only admit that he was right. The winter started late last season and had some ups but even more downs, especially on the north side of the Alps. This season to come will be different. Very different. According to mister Haslinger.

Hard to follow?

His prediction is sometimes hard to follow, because of his dialect, the background noise and the fact that Sepp knows how to talk not into the microphone. But in short he is telling us that winter 15/16 will be the epic winter we have all been waiting for.

So, if we have to believe this old fortuneteller from Bayern (Germany), then it will be a long and snowy winter with snow deep into the valleys from mid-October till deep in March. If the prediction comes true, then we can expect lots of snow in the Northern Alps, but not that much snow in the Southern Alps. Because snow in the north means sunshine in the south and continuing cold temperatures in the north means no southern Staus with warm air for the northern Alps. A real northern winter and according to Sepp Haslinger it will be the winter of the century.

How reliable is Sepp Haslinger and his miracle plant?

Well, mister Haslinger is making predictions for over fifty years and he has never been significantly wrong. What do think? Will this be the winter of the century?

Arjen
was born with maps of ski areas in the cradle and has visited almost all of them. His great passion is freeriding.

Replies

Tourist
AnonymousAuthor3 September 2015 · 10:39

Yes! That would be great if he is right!

Expert
meteomorrisAuthor3 September 2015 · 12:19

@@TheDoctor, let’s hope so. It’s time the Northern Alps get their share. Where are you based?

powfinder.com
Tourist
AnonymousAuthor4 September 2015 · 11:22

@@meteomorris Central Germany, about five hours driving to the Alps. I prefer a northern winter!

Tourist
AxelKAuthor4 September 2015 · 14:39

Sepp and El Nino will sort us out this winter.

Tourist
SeppuccuAuthor17 November 2015 · 09:40

I’d say his prediction is sliding somewhat. :)

I'm a powder puppy.
Advanced
ArjenproadminAuthor17 November 2015 · 10:19

Second that @@anticrobotic

Let’s hope that Sepp made a mistake by a month.

One day, they'll invent synthetic powder, ban all kinds of work and give you a free liftpass...
Advanced
MuehlbachAuthor17 November 2015 · 12:07

@@anticrobotic Yep - accurate in output somewhat off in timing. Pretty similar to his sex life. Long live Sepp :-)

"Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads." - - - "There is no skiing without apres-ski. Fai
Tourist
SeppuccuAuthor17 November 2015 · 12:20

Sure hope his predictions are on target by the first week in January when I’ll be heading for Argentière. :)

I'm a powder puppy.
Never miss a PowderAlert!

Get updates on the latest news, PowderAlerts and more!