Snow for Ischgl

• axelandersson
    Tourist
    axelandersson op 27 December 2014 · 13:24
    Hi wepowder!

Im travelling to Ischgl today and I can see that St Anton has got quite a dump while Ischgl seem to not have gotten that much. What's the reason for that and does anybody know if the current powder alert will affect Ischgl aswell? Does somebody know how much snow can be expected in Ischgl?

Happy holidays,

Axel Andersson
  • evan
    Advanced
    evan op 27 December 2014 · 16:31
    Big dumps have been banned from Ischgl recently because they don't match Ischgl's image as après-ski capital of the Alps.
  • meteomorris
    Tourist
    meteomorris op 27 December 2014 · 18:02
    @evan lol
    @axelandersson Have a look at my Forecast of a few days ago: http://wepowder.com/weblog/5597/PA-%234-50-100-cm-of-freshies%3F...

Ischgl is part of the main Alpine ridge and lies east of the Arlberg. Therefor they always get less snow in a northwestern flow than the regions north(west) of them.
    May the powder be with you.
  • axelandersson
    Tourist
    axelandersson op 27 December 2014 · 21:10
    @meteomorris
    Thanks for the help! Read that Arlberg could get 175-200cm until thursday. What would you estimate for Ischgl? 100?

Thanks!!
  • meteomorris
    Tourist
    meteomorris op 29 December 2014 · 00:08
    [mention="/profile/56"][mention=56]@meteomorris[/mention][/mention]
    Thanks for the help! Read that Arlberg could get 175-200cm until thursday. What would you estimate for Ischgl? 100?
    Thanks!! axelandersson op 27 Dec 2014 9:10 PM

I would say 40-60 cm
    May the powder be with you.

You need to be logged in to post a comment in this topic. Login or create an account.

Upgrade to wepowder Pro

• Extended 14 day forecast
  • Slope angle and exposition terrain layers
  • Inspirational freeride routes
wePowder Pro