Live: Monte Rosa

By Luca on 2 December 2013 · 2

Monte Rosa
Monte Rosa

Last week I finally went to Gressoney and found pretty good conditions. Saturday it was snowing a bit and I scored some nice tree runs in half a meter of powder. In the afternoon clouds disappeared but a strong NW wind kicked in, temperatures dropped (-20 at 3000m), I enjoyed some nice lines in the upper part of Passo Salati, but then at 16:30 I called it a day because I was starting to freeze, although there were some pretty good lines to try that day before the wind could take all the snow away...

Skinning

On Sunday the wind was gone but it blew the whole night so the snow was really hard and crusty, high avalanche danger in the most exposed areas. I tried with a friend the Alagna's side but the snow was really bad, so I decided to skin up a bit to search for some more protected areas where the wind couldn't have done too much damage. Since Indren was closed I had to skin up for 500m to reach the Telcio Couloir and the Salza valley. Inside the couloir (45°/500m) the snow was pressed but nice, then I found really great powder into the valley, and I had a great descent to Gressoney.

In conclusion two great days, nice powder enjoyed with my friends and a lot of new ideas for the year to come.

For those who are planning to go this week: pay attention because Alagna is closed!! Only Gressoney and Champoluc are open!! The skiarea will be fully available only from next sunday December the 7th!!

In the first pic you can see the Gressoney Indren area, as you can see there still is a lot of powder to be shredded!

Luca

www.lucazattoni.com

Comments

Advanced
    49 op 2 December 2013 · 13:22
    Great pic's Luca, you are fuelling my stoke big time. Only 5 more weeks before I enter your homeground! 😉
    montagna bianca, ti amo
  • Luca
    Expert
    Luca op 2 December 2013 · 22:36
    @49 nice to hear that you enjoyed my report! and that's just a tiny piece of what you can find there!
    Luca - www.lucazattoni.com

You need to be logged in to post a comment in this topic. Login or create an account.

Upgrade to wepowder Pro

• Extended 14 day forecast
  • Slope angle and exposition terrain layers
  • Inspirational freeride routes
wePowder Pro