Ciao Ragazzi!

By 49 on 5 December 2013 · 2

New season, new blogger. 49, pleased to meet you. About my upgrade from holiday warrior to backside skibum and the discovery of a freeride paradise.

@meteomorris asked: “Who is out for the season?”. My reply: “3 months Alagna”, and:”maybe nice to share my adventures @wePowder?” So, here it is. Blog posts about my three months snowbatical in freerideparadise.it on the flanks of Monte Rosa, with girlfriend and dog.

Groovr flying Pow
Groovr flying Pow

For over 15 years I've had difficulties remembering where the groomers are or the marks of secured routes. The 49-ReductionMethod® “more than two = groomers for you” (don't try this at home) helped me ski a lot of hard-pack and moguls and just some powpow. With chop-sticks in the crud, those were the days. I could be named a true holiday warrior. Happily I kept working on my knowledge and ability, with personal training and lately mountain guides to show me the road. That was just my way to keep getting better during scarce moments on the snow.

Powdog
Powdog

Three months Alagna will be different. Thirteen weeks to transform into a true ski bum. January for a relaxed warm-up, April to take steep Canali for breakfast. A ski area as large as Les Trois Vallées, only without that ridicule amount of prepared slopes. All situated on the sides of mighty four-thousanders.

Holiday warrior & skibum-to-be
Holiday warrior & skibum-to-be

Amazing I can do this, together with girl and pow-dog 3 months away from the grey Dutch mountains into the great Italian Alps. I hope my blog posts make you enjoy this with me. Maybe you even have ideas about what you would like to know about freeriding Alagna or the transformation from tourist to backside-bum. Please let me know! It is cool to share my discoveries with the wePowder addicts but it would even be better to have your feedback and replies support me. If you come to Monte Rosa this season it would be nice to know as well. Maybe I could help you arranging things or possibly we could shred together from Malfatta into the polvere paradiso!

Comments

• KlasRydstrand
    Advanced
    KlasRydstrand op 17 December 2013 · 10:16
    When do you arrive in Alagna @49 ?
    Advanced
    49 op 17 December 2013 · 10:29
    @KlasRydstrand January 5th according to plan.
    montagna bianca, ti amo

You need to be logged in to post a comment in this topic. Login or create an account.

Upgrade to wepowder Pro

• Extended 14 day forecast
  • Slope angle and exposition terrain layers
  • Inspirational freeride routes
wePowder Pro