PowderAlert Pyrenees

PowderAlert Pyrenees
PowderAlert
PowderAlert

The Pic du Midi du Bigorre, a rising name in the world of freeriding. This peak is THE freeride peak in the Pyrenees and is compares with Chamonix in the Alps. Why? Check out these images and you’ll see what I mean.

But the Pyrenees have much more to offer. We’ve divided the freeride possibilities in the Pyrenees in four regions. Check out this complete overview. The four regions are:

Regions where you can not only find the Pic du Midi du Bigorre, but the freeride destinations in Andorra and large resorts such as El Formigal, Baquiera Beret and the Chamonix of Spain: Cerler. We also included some little secrets where we had great powder days in the past.

The base is pretty ok in the Pyrenees and the western and northern parts will get some snow the next couple of days.Webcam Pic du Midi this morning

Webcam Pic du Midi this afternoon
Webcam Pic du Midi this afternoon

High clouds came in already, the first signs of a new front. I’m expecting around 15-40 centimeters till Tuesday. The riding will be great on Tuesday and Wednesday morning. But a second front will come in later. I expect a warm front to come in on Wednesday. The temperatures will rise, cold air will come in right after and it looks like it will snow between Wednesday and Saturday. Non-stop. Dropping temperatures and lots of snow will mean great tree runs in the Pyrenees. Time to go south?Meteogram Pyrenees

Stay stoked

Morris

meteomorris
Never miss a PowderAlert!

Get updates on the latest news, PowderAlerts and more!