CMH Dreamland

By meteomorris on 21 October 2014 路 5

CMH, the longest running heliski operation in the world, claims to have the best tree skiing in the world. Mike, Cody and Alexi spend a week there trying to determine if the claim is true. Have you ever been with CMH?

Comments

• Chester_Tartsnatcher
    Expert
    Chester_Tartsnatcher op 22 October 2014 路 03:46
    We've been to Monashee Powder Adventures, a snowcat skiing tenure nearby as well as Retallack, another cat operation and yes, they get a huge amount of great snow and have a lot of steep fantastic tree skiing. But I think the lift served and assisted skiing at Whitewater is just as good (yes, it gets tracked a little faster).
  • meteomorris
    Tourist
    meteomorris op 25 October 2014 路 12:41
    'yes, it gets tracked a little faster'.... 馃槈
    We did some great touring around Whitewater a few years ago. Lovely region.
    May the powder be with you.
  • Chester_Tartsnatcher
    Expert
    Chester_Tartsnatcher op 26 October 2014 路 00:35
    Did you make it to Red as well? They don't get as much snow as Whitewater, but it's a great mountain with a ton of easy and interesting touring. Those 2 areas and the snowcat skiing there and in the Monashees used to be our favorite places.

Now we take our trips to Silverton, Taos and Telluride.
  • meteomorris
    Tourist
    meteomorris op 26 October 2014 路 15:04
    @Chester_Tartsnatcher yes we did... We had the great Alpine Burger in the local bar and were able to shred some nice shutes overthere. Really nice place as well.
    May the powder be with you.
  • telemikey
    Advanced
    telemikey op 28 October 2014 路 16:59
    I was lucky enough to win a heli-trip with CMH two seasons ago (time flies...) and was blown out of my mind. I have, without a doubt never skied THAT MUCH untracked powder in one trip. And to make it even better: the snow and terrain (pillows anyone?) were FANTASTIC!

When leaving (with a tear in my eye), I vowed that if I ever have the right amount of money, that is soooo going to happen again. One of the best, if not THE BEST skiing experiences of my life.

Definately recommended for all powder seekers.
    White room,Pillow lines,I rule

You need to be logged in to post a comment in this topic. Login or create an account.

Upgrade to wepowder Pro

• Extended 14 day forecast
  • Slope angle and exposition terrain layers
  • Inspirational freeride routes
wePowder Pro