It was on like Donkey Kong!

It was on like Donkey Kong!
Cliffssss!!
Cliffssss!!

It’s been a while since I last wrote a blog, but after the loss of Steven in the season 2013/2014 and remodeling a home last season, this year will be all about powder again!

This year the party started in October at the Austrian glaciers of Hintertux and Pitztal, where I had two days of perfect powder. Then winter seemed to disappear for a while and I couldn’t really bother to drive to the Alps, until two weeks ago… PA # 1 was on!

I love powder in the southern Alps and together with some of my powderbuddies we drove south. But where to go? Touring on the Simplon, or Diavolezza for the first time to Diavolezza? A difficult choice because the Simplon region had simply more snow, but the lazy freerider won the battle. Diavolezza it was.

For two days we skied untracked powder with Robbert, Bertjebertje, Rob, Popski and Karl without any other riders around. We pretty much skied all the faces, except for the couloirs…

The last day of the trip we spent our time at Lagalb, the neighboring area of Diavolezza. After 2.5 hours of skinning, an angry bully driver, and spotting some epic couloirs on the backside we were back in the valley again 30 minutes. This will be a place where I have to get back to when the lifts are open!

One or two hours of driving extra: great snow instead of green hills!

Roelaano
Never miss a PowderAlert!

Get updates on the latest news, PowderAlerts and more!