SNOW SLOVENIA

• igorkavšak
    igorkavšak op 11 January 2016 · 14:49
    Hello,

will we get some snow to Slovenia to resort Kope Mountin or Rogla (Pohorje). We are group of snowmobilers, but this year is very bad for us. Maybe anyone know where we can snowmobile in europe? We usually go to Italy - MADESIMO, but there is also not enough snow 😞
    Thanks for any answers.
    Igor
  • meteomorris
    Tourist
    meteomorris op 11 January 2016 · 22:12
    Snowmobiling is forbidden in the rest of the Alps. But snow and colder temperatures are coming.
    May the powder be with you.
  • Storpotatisen
    Advanced
    Storpotatisen op 14 January 2016 · 09:19
    Hello @igorkavsak
    I know it's a long way, but hey, you wrote Europe... In Sweden you can go snowmobiling all over the place.Some areas have restrictions, but all in all the rules are pretty generous. I can personally recommend the area around Funäsdalen. This area has restrictions though, so you need to follow the trails which are prepared daily. Although it's mainly restricted here, there are freeride areas as well, and the trails go deep into the vast wilderness. It's really scenic and a favourite of mine is going to the most southernly glacier in Sweden, Helags (picture).

If you're interested then this is a good starting point; http://fjallbocken.se/
    ~~Storpotatisen~~
  • igorkavšak
    igorkavšak op 20 January 2016 · 19:56
    Thanks for this message. This is something to think about.

Regards from Slovenia
    Igor

You need to be logged in to post a comment in this topic. Login or create an account.

Upgrade to wepowder Pro

• Extended 14 day forecast
  • Slope angle and exposition terrain layers
  • Inspirational freeride routes
wePowder Pro