Anyone experience ski tour Bulgaria?

• KyleMcArthur
    KyleMcArthur op 28 October 2016 路 16:00
    Hi everyone!

I'm new to ski touring but with a group of friends we would like to take a shot at it, I read about free riding in Bulgaria (peaks up to 2900m) and I was wondering if anyone has experience doing so?

We're looking to go mid March this year, I've found a guide who is willing to arrange everything. Prices are cheap compared to the Alps that why I'm asking. Is this too good to be true or is March still a good period in Bulgaria? And is Bulgaria any good for free riding/ski touring?

I'm really interested in hearing about anyone's experiences of Bulgaria!

• AdamStekl
    AdamStekl op 28 October 2016 路 20:52
    Hi, I've never been to Bulgaria in winter but I know about a skiers from Czech Republic that used to go there every winter for freeriding/tuoring. So based on the fact that they kept comming to Bulgaria I think it is a good destination. Type "smowalterna" in google and look for videos with "balcan rallye". It is in Czech but will give you at least some insight about the terrains. They skied in Rila and Pirin.

• KyleMcArthur
    KyleMcArthur op 29 October 2016 路 01:48
    Hi Adam! thanks mate, that helps 馃槂 do you have the contacts of those guys by any chance?
  • kulkata
    kulkata op 1 November 2016 路 09:04
    In this forum the guys can give you information about tours, terrain, accommodation, guides etc.

• KyleMcArthur
    KyleMcArthur op 8 November 2016 路 15:38
    Thanks Kalin!

You need to be logged in to post a comment in this topic. Login or create an account.

Upgrade to wepowder Pro

• Extended 14 day forecast
  • Slope angle and exposition terrain layers
  • Inspirational freeride routes
wePowder Pro