Plans: Where are you going this year?

• Chester_Tartsnatcher
    Expert
    Chester_Tartsnatcher op 28 October 2016 · 18:35
    Fall time is my dream time for planning ski trips.

How about you?

I get to ski around the Pacific Northwest on weekends where it can get crowded, but there's a lot of snow, some of it even light. So I'll weekend warrior my usual spots like Alpental and Crystal.

Life is very busy with a family, but I'm hoping that things will work out to where I can take my usual trip down to the Southwest. On the way, I try to ski either Little Cottonwood Canyon (Alta/Snowbird) or Snow Basin in Utah. I end up spending most of the time in Silverton, skiing Silverton Mountain with the occasional heli lap during Thursday-Sunday, then either touring around the lightest powder I've skied or spending a few days at Telluride with stops in Ouray for the hotsprings. This year, I'm also thinking of going back to Aspen Feb 12-14.

Last year, I didn't get to Europe to ski, but this year I'm planning on taking my family to La Grave for the first week of April, when my kids have a little vacation. Both of them started skiing at age 2 and are now great skiers at ages 13 and 15. My wife also rips.

Reality gets in the way sometimes, so who knows if all these dreams will come to pass. But for me, fall brings on hopes and dreams of places to go.

What about you?
  • Storpotatisen
    Advanced
    Storpotatisen op 29 October 2016 · 22:23
    It's like you say, life is really busy with a family, and it's hard to neglect work as well...
    Well, not much booked yet, but we usually go to the swedish mountains for a weekend or two. To get things going.
    February is the month for the yearly "Old-guys-rule-trip". Recent years we've been blessed with freshies, but if not, we'll probably end up touring instead. Exactly where we go, we usually decide at the airport.

Only trip that is booked already is the yearly family trip around easter. This year we're off to Paradiski and Les2Alpes. La Grave could have been fun, but the other family members ain't quite there yet..
    ~~Storpotatisen~~

You need to be logged in to post a comment in this topic. Login or create an account.

Upgrade to wepowder Pro

• Extended 14 day forecast
  • Slope angle and exposition terrain layers
  • Inspirational freeride routes
wePowder Pro