LIVE: First tracks at the Col Agnel

By Sandra on 7 November 2016 · 0

The first PowderAlert of the season was announced and I was ready to rumble. New batteries for the avalanche beacon, touring gear ready and some freshies on the Col Agnel. All the lifts are still closed in the French Hautes Alps, so it was all about earning your own turns. The sun came out today (Monday). The col was closed, but our winter tyres brought us pretty far.

The skins took me high up the Col Agnel and I could ride some fresh powder in my own region for the second time this season. We started with a beacon check, helmet on, it's still early in the season with sharks around the corner. The forecast told me that there could have been some rain at high altitude and that the wind could have influenced the snow a bit in the nightc from Sunday to Monday. I managed to find some great powder in some bowls at high altitude. It was a great day! If you still have to wait some weeks, maybe even months before you can go to the mountains, don't forget to invest in your safety skills!

You need to be logged in to post a comment in this topic. Login or create an account.

Upgrade to wepowder Pro

• Extended 14 day forecast
  • Slope angle and exposition terrain layers
  • Inspirational freeride routes
wePowder Pro