Where to go in Austria/Tyrol/maybe Italy in 29.11.-4.12.

• jaakkokarhu
    jaakkokarhu op 21 November 2016 · 00:56
    Hey,

I am going to have a small ski holiday in few weeks. I am going to leave from Münich, so for the convenience I have been thinking of Austria. I know that the Southern Stau is not hitting there very well, but this is just simply practical thing.

However, I'd like to have some tips where to head. I have been thinking of Innsbruck area (good connections, affordable accomodation well available). My questions are:

- Where to go in Austria/Tyrol/North East Italy right now?
    - Should I wait for few days before booking anything, just to check the snow maps, or is there any point doing so?
    - Any tips for cheapo hostels at the recommended areas? 😃

Thank you in advance!
  • Muehlbach
    Advanced
    Muehlbach op 28 November 2016 · 15:20
    I'd try either Stubai or Pitztal as they may profit from both sides in terms of precipitation. Also as it looks now some snow may be on the charts for Salzburgerland. And who know an old favourite of mine, Defereggen, could be a good shot too...
    "Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads." - - - "There is no skiing without apres-ski. Fairly futile exercise if not followed by getting hammered in a bar."
  • jaakkokarhu
    jaakkokarhu op 28 November 2016 · 16:26
    Well, I have accommodation at Soelden now, so Stubai or Pitztal might be possible... thank you for the tips!

You need to be logged in to post a comment in this topic. Login or create an account.

Upgrade to wepowder Pro

• Extended 14 day forecast
  • Slope angle and exposition terrain layers
  • Inspirational freeride routes
wePowder Pro