Resorts with trees areas in Tyrol

• elecas
    Advanced
    elecas op 20 November 2017 · 10:47
    Hi there!

Does anybody know good areas in ski resorts (no ski touring) around tirol with tree areas for freeriding?
    The idea is to know good areas where to go in the heavy snowing days where to enjoy powder without the risk of avalanches of the high alpine or open areas.

In most of the resorts that I know, the forests are too dense so skiing is pretty hard or they are to high and they don´t have.
    *message edited by elecas op 20 Nov 2017 10:51
    www.elecas.es
  • Arjen
    Advanced
    Arjen op 20 November 2017 · 13:37
    It's not in Tyrol, but the Kleinwalsertal in Vorarlberg has some good tree skiing. You can also find good tree skiing in the small resorts in the Zugspitz Arena and the Tannheimertal.
    One day, they'll invent synthetic powder, ban all kinds of work and give you a free liftpass...
  • elecas
    Advanced
    elecas op 20 November 2017 · 15:31
    Thanks, man.
    I lived in Innsbruck, so I was thinking in something closer to the city, because if it is dumping, to drive to those resorts doesn´t look has the best idea! I know that Schlick 2000 has not very dense forest to enjoy dumping days but I would be nice to know some more areas 😃
    www.elecas.es
  • 00fra00
    00fra00 op 22 November 2017 · 23:42
    From my experience the best treeruns (not that far from Innsbruck) are in the Zillertal, both in Hochfugen and Zell am Ziller/gerlos; Alpbachtal is really nice too.
    Near Innsbruck you might try Seefeld if you know where to look.
    Francesco Cesana
  • elecas
    Advanced
    elecas op 23 November 2017 · 10:43
    Seefeld was also in my plans, Hochfugen and Zell am Ziller/gerlos I will try them for sure!

Thanks!
    www.elecas.es
  • Arjen
    Advanced
    Arjen op 23 November 2017 · 23:20
    Kaltenbach in the Zillertal can be quite good too (some ski area as Hochfügen).
    One day, they'll invent synthetic powder, ban all kinds of work and give you a free liftpass...
  • mcfrisk
    Advanced
    mcfrisk op 10 December 2017 · 19:48
    See. Please don't tell anyone else 😃
    https://mcfrisk.kapsi.fi/skiing/

You need to be logged in to post a comment in this topic. Login or create an account.

Upgrade to wepowder Pro

• Extended 14 day forecast
  • Slope angle and exposition terrain layers
  • Inspirational freeride routes
wePowder Pro