Ski Boots

• elecas
    Advanced
    elecas op 30 November 2017 · 08:37
    Hi everybody!

I am looking for new boots and I would like to know your opinion. I want boots mainly for alpine skiing and freeride close to the resorts, but also I would like to be able to do small tours. I am 85kg so flex 120 minimun.

My best option right now is the tecnica cochise 120.

Do you think it is a good idea? further suggestions?

Thanks!
    www.elecas.es
  • Arjen
    Advanced
    Arjen op 30 November 2017 · 13:31
    The best advice that I can give is that the best boot is the boot that fits you best. For me that's the Salomon Quest 130 and the MTN boot.
    One day, they'll invent synthetic powder, ban all kinds of work and give you a free liftpass...
  • steveh
    Expert
    steveh op 14 January 2018 · 18:04
    I have the Cochise 120, I'm a similar weight to you and an experienced skier.

The boots are excellent, but I find them slightly softer than I'd like, in hindsight I wish I had gone for the 130 (but they were impossible to get hold of when I was buying. That said, I'm perfectly happy and won't be changing them. I've not had chance to tour in them yet, but Ive done a few hikes (1 hour max) and they were excellent, the sole was OK on rocky / icy paths, much better than I expected actually.

Like Arjen says, you have to find the right boot for your feet, the Cochise suit my feet which are quite low profile / narrow.
  • Frats
    Expert
    Frats op 19 January 2018 · 13:24
    go to a good shop and get fitted properly, you can tour/freeride better with a raceboot that fits you perfectly than a shitty fitting touring/freeride boot.

that being said, cochise, salomon QST, atomic hawx ultra xtd, rossignol alltrack, dalbello panterra, lange xt, etc are all very good options
    What makes these boots a good boot for you is a fit that suits you and a flex that matches your riding style/level....

Go try em on and support your local shop 😉 don't buy boots online
  • westi
    Advanced
    westi op 19 January 2018 · 15:43
    Agree with all other replies. There is an amazing choice of freeride boots these days. Check the volume sizes of the boots, they run from 98 to 102, with the 102 being the widest. I bought the K2 Pinnacle Pro last year and I'm super happy with them, great for downhill and short touring.
    Up hill not as comfortable as a touring boot, but my god great support and stif flex going down.

You need to be logged in to post a comment in this topic. Login or create an account.

Upgrade to wepowder Pro

• Extended 14 day forecast
  • Slope angle and exposition terrain layers
  • Inspirational freeride routes
wePowder Pro