It's puking in the Piedmont

It's puking in the Piedmont

We are now in the middle of one of the best powder weekends so far this winter and as I write this, the snow piles up in the Italian Piedmont and at the same time they’re riding powder in the northern Alps. You would almost forget that it is only December 2nd:

PowderAlert#3 for the northern Alps

It has snowed a lot in the Northern Alps and on the border between Italy, Slovenia and Austria the last couple of days. The first sun came out yesterday and it was just perfect today. You can check out the where to go resorts in this article. But what if you can’t go this weekend, is it still worth it after the weekend? Or is everything already tracked.

Tauplitz
Tauplitz
Arlberg
Arlberg
Montafon
Montafon

Assume that all resorts that are open this weekend will be tracked out. It is crowded everywhere, but there is some new snow coming in from Sunday. You can ride fresh powder in the east of the Alps in resorts like Loser and Die Tauplitz, but probably also on the Kitzsteinhorn and in Obertauern and Zauchensee on Monday. If you drive to the east on Sunday, please send me a message via wePowder, Facebook or Instagram and I’ll give you the latest tips so you know exactly where to go.

But if you already want to make a choice now, you can check out the map below. Tauplitz, Loser and Zauchensee show great numbers. I will add some freeride routes in these areas for wePowder Pro members.

PowderAlert#4 for the Piedmont

It’s snowing heavily in the western and southern Piedmont since Friday. After that the snowfall will expand to the most eastern resorts in the Queyras and the Alpes Maritimes ).

Already 40-65 cm came down and it’s still snowing. Check out some tips in this article.

You can expect more snow on the north side of the main alpine ridge after the weekend. The temperature will rise (temporarily) and there’s a new storm coming in at the end of the week. PowderAlert #5 is already on the maps!

Stay stoked,
Morris

meteomorris
Never miss a PowderAlert!

Get updates on the latest news, PowderAlerts and more!