• BLC1982
    BLC1982 op 8 January 2018 · 07:17
    Hi there,

Anyone got any advice on the best back country in Japan?

My brother (skier) and I (Snowboarder) are looking at 5 days in Japan at the end of Feb - i think we would need two days to get our ski legs back so happy to cruise piste and side country but the last three days we're keen to hire a guide and push ourselves.

We're not that bothered about nightlife. Ideally would like somewhere traditional with access to great terrain. If there's a heli or cat option, even better.

Can anyone recommend the best places to start researching? Anyone booked through a guided tour company? Need advice on accommodation also. There's quite a bit of info out there and i'm a bit lost at present.

BTW: We're both confident, intermediate riders - mostly have ridden in Austria/France.

Thanks in advance 😃
  • JanisKTM
    JanisKTM op 10 January 2018 · 03:40

I live in Tokyo since almost 2 years and the main question is North or main Island.
    North (Hokkaido): Stay in Furano and then doing backcountry tours to asahidake or tokaichi. Less crowded than Niseko and much more traditional and dryer snow.
    Main (Honshu): Hakuba or Myoko (amazing resorts with great slack/backcountry) Myoko is more traditional.

If you need more just hit me up

Would love to show you guys some places but broke my ankle on the first skitrip in NOV.

• RidetheGlobe
    RidetheGlobe op 17 January 2018 · 17:24
    I will be based and guiding in Hakuba till the end of Feb. Send me a mail and I'll get back to you with some info's! Cheers, Robi

You need to be logged in to post a comment in this topic. Login or create an account.

Upgrade to wepowder Pro

• Extended 14 day forecast
  • Slope angle and exposition terrain layers
  • Inspirational freeride routes
wePowder Pro