Terje Haakonsen competes in the Freeride World Tour in Hakuba!

Terje Haakonsen competes in the Freeride World Tour in Hakuba!
The legend (c) Burton
The legend © Burton

The Norwegian snowboard legend Terje Haakonsen competes in the first stop of the Freeride World Tour in Hakuba, Japan! This stop is scheduled from the 20th to the 27th of January and Haakonsen takes part with a wildcard. This is really exciting! One of the godfathers of snowboarding competing against the young guns!

Absolute pioneer

For the younger generation: Terje Haakonsen is one of the pioneers of snowboarding and is regarded worldwide as one of the riders who formed the sport. Terje has a beautiful, flowing style and did things on a snowboard twenty years ago, which is still hard to imagine for some people nowadays.

Wildcard

Terje had asked for the wildcard himself. “My first season trips is usually a product testing and warm up trip to Japan for great winter conditions. I saw the Freeride World Tour had a stop there, so I asked for a wild card. I have done Travis Rice free ride comps, so I’m very happy with the wildcard and to give this a go. Praying for sunshine now”

Style (c) Burton
Style © Burton

Gigi Rüf

Gigi Rüf (AUT) and Tadashi Fuse (JPN) also participate in the first stop in Hakuba. You could say that this is the strongest field of participants at the FWT ever!

Arjen
was born with maps of ski areas in the cradle and has visited almost all of them. His great passion is freeriding.

Replies

Beginner
SamsagazAuthor13 January 2018 · 00:28

Thats great. Travis Rice’s run at Hakuba last year was gnarly

Never miss a PowderAlert!

Get updates on the latest news, PowderAlerts and more!