Where to go beginning of February

• ecsjones
    ecsjones op 22 January 2018 · 17:32
    I was in Chamonix the last few days and was fun until Sunday AM when it was shut down except for Les Houches........Saturday was quite good up on the other end in the forests.....
    So- We are heading back out from Paris on Feb 2nd and we are super mobile. We want to find snow and the long range doesnt look great after this upcoming weekend..... I know its long range but anything, Morris, in the longer term that I am missing?
    Thanks so much for all the solid forecasting. Been a great resource!!!
  • matthewcrain
    matthewcrain op 26 January 2018 · 20:01
    This post is not aging too well but in a good way!! Forecast looking good for early Feb.
  • ecsjones
    ecsjones op 26 January 2018 · 23:41
    Yes, same story still. Looking to leave Paris next Friday morning and can drive a reasonable distance for a long weekend. Looking to drive upwards of 7hr radius, Trying to get my buddy who is flying in from the US into some good snow conditions. He has been watching me out here this season and he is hungry for some good snow. I am stalking all of the weather sites and its variable run to run as you would expect. Seems to be improving a little bit from a few days ago which IS promising but it could vanish as quickly as it appeared. I have come to learn in my first 2 seasons in the alps that nuking snow isnt always the best for riding since a lack of trees but I am not a fan of riding groomers.....SNOW!! Any hints on where to go this upcoming Friday, let me know. Thanks!

You need to be logged in to post a comment in this topic. Login or create an account.

Upgrade to wepowder Pro

• Extended 14 day forecast
  • Slope angle and exposition terrain layers
  • Inspirational freeride routes
wePowder Pro