NEW: wePower Guide the Alps, pre-order now!

NEW: wePower Guide the Alps, pre-order now!

This December (2019), we will publish the ultimate guide with the best freeride resorts in the Alps, featuring 400+ pages, 100+ resorts, inspirational freeride zones and all you need to know to ride the best powder in the Alps: the wePowder Guide the Alps.

Limited availability!

Pre-order the wePowder Guide the Alps now. It will be available for our subscribers and in very limited quantities for non-subscribers. Only our pre-ordered guides will be exclusively numbered. So preorder it now and make sure you’ll get one of the few.

Pre-order and save some!

Order before December 10th 2019 and get it for €40,- (excl. shipping). After the release it will be € 45,-. The expected release date will be 15th of December 2019.

You can order the wePowder Guide the Alps here.

The coming into being of the wePowder Guide

After driving thousands of kilometers to and through the Alps for over many, many seasons, wePowder was founded in 2008. We have learnt to unlock the mysteries of intricate weather patterns, found out about interesting local phenomena and discovered tiny gems that have remained hidden to the tourist eye. We decided to share all this knowledge and simply wrote the most comprehensive freeride guide ever.

We believe that riding great powder is not a matter of chance, but a matter of choice. You have to know where to go and be at the right time in the right place for the best conditions. This guide will be the ultimate tool to explore new resorts and ride the best snow.

And in doing this, it doesn’t matter if you are riding on one board or two, because the feeling of sliding through powder snow is universal.

meteomorris

Replies

Expert
lcdiezAuthor5 November 2019 · 09:01

Such a nice iniciative! I could be interested however it would be nice to have the index to know which resorts are included and one example to see which information and features are included in each ski resort!

Expert
meteomorrisAuthor5 November 2019 · 10:56

@@elecas. Thanks. We will publish some in the next weeks.

powfinder.com
Advanced
albebregaAuthor6 November 2019 · 17:19

Very nice initiative Morris, I will definitely buy one that’s a perfect christmas gift!

Expert
meteomorrisAuthor6 November 2019 · 17:38

@@albebrega Thanks!

powfinder.com
Expert
SkeezeAuthor6 November 2019 · 18:50

Do you have an idea of how long it will take to ship to the United States and whether it could be received by 30 December?

Expert
meteomorrisAuthor6 November 2019 · 19:20

Thanks for your question about shipping. Yes, we ship to the US but we can’t guarantee shipping times around Xmas and New Year.
We are depending on our shippers how much time it will take. I can check though what the current shipping terms are around Xmas.
You need it in house at least december the 30th?

powfinder.com
Tourist
honzakotaskaAuthor13 November 2019 · 13:00

Hi Morris, does the guide include only resort or side-resort riding or does it include any splitboarding / skitouring routes? thx, Honza

Advanced
ArjenproadminAuthor14 November 2019 · 09:50

@@honzakotaska It consist mostly of resort and side-resort riding. Not much splitboarding/skitouring included.

One day, they'll invent synthetic powder, ban all kinds of work and give you a free liftpass...
Expert
meteomorrisAuthor15 November 2019 · 16:45

I just did a recount. Turns out The Guide will cover 120+ resorts in the Alps… ;P

powfinder.com
Advanced
StorpotatisenAuthor15 November 2019 · 19:44

I just did a recount. Turns out The Guide will cover 120+ resorts in the Alps… ;P\

meteomorris op 15 Nov 2019 16:45

That’s ok, I’m totally fine with that! :-)

~~Storpotatisen~~
Advanced
tobiasopluschtilAuthor20 November 2019 · 22:00

Hi how many resorts in the norther Alps & Austria are covered with the guide? Thx

Expert
meteomorrisAuthor21 November 2019 · 11:24

@@tobiasopluschtil 50+ resorts

powfinder.com
Expert
richinGRAuthor25 November 2019 · 08:38

Ill be checking my post box daily. Can you send some powder with that too pls Morris. Thanks.

Expert
meteomorrisAuthor25 November 2019 · 12:19

@@richd the book is now at the printer and we expect to ship as of mid-December. In the meanwhile we will send some powder towards you ;)

powfinder.com
Expert
richinGRAuthor25 November 2019 · 12:55

@@meteomorris fabulous. we need it here - Elm valley green again :( Looking promising for weekend though. Lets hope that continues into the following week.

Tourist
smilingukAuthor25 November 2019 · 16:45

Hi Morris,

I wanted to join elacas request for a small sample and index to see before ordering the book.

Would be great if you could publish or send it over!
Many thanks

Expert
meteomorrisAuthor25 November 2019 · 21:26

@@smilinguk once we have the books in house we will publish a short movie about the guide book. We expect them mid december and will start shipping immediately afterwards.

powfinder.com
Beginner
christoph.grabietzAuthor26 November 2019 · 19:35

Hi Morris,

Which delivery company do you use to ship it to Germany?

Christoph

Tourist
Nikole MüllerAuthor27 November 2019 · 08:46

Hey Morris,

I’m going to ski in Flachau this Winter. Are there some places you recommend staying and to rent equipment?

Nikole

Advanced
ArjenproadminAuthor27 November 2019 · 13:42

@@Christoph.Grabietz We’re currently in the final stage of selecting the shipping providers for the various countries. Will let you know!

@Nikole Müller Go to Zauchensee ;-)

One day, they'll invent synthetic powder, ban all kinds of work and give you a free liftpass...
Advanced
mckindoAuthor13 December 2019 · 13:50

Morris, Arjen and the wePowder team,

I have just received my wePowder Guide and wanted to congratulate you on this amazing publication. Clearly, I have not yet had the chance to read it cover to cover but, on first inspection, it is a fantastic resource that has been beautifully put together with plenty of inspiring information and photographs. I can only imagine the amount of work that has gone into producing this great guide, it is clearly underpinned by your experience and passion for freeriding and the mountains, built over many years and many miles. Thank you for sharing this with us, I look forward to reading it and taking inspiration to explore new areas.

All the best

Tim

P.S. For those of you who haven’t ordered it already, don’t hesitate!

Expert
meteomorrisAuthor13 December 2019 · 14:50

@@mckindo, THANKS!

powfinder.com
Advanced
GigproAuthor13 December 2019 · 19:10

Just received my copy. Looks awesome! Better than I expected.

Good work guys!!!

Expert
meteomorrisAuthor14 December 2019 · 00:14

@@Gig Thank you!

powfinder.com
Beginner
JeroenFrissenAuthor14 December 2019 · 12:28

Got it, awesome stuff !

Tourist
glennczAuthor14 December 2019 · 17:38

I need the book shipped to USA but I don’t see my country option in checkout?

Advanced
Chester_TartsnatcherAuthor14 December 2019 · 19:28

glenncz, ibid, op cit ditto.
You can’t blame all Americans for Trump, you know.

Do I have to have the book delivered to https://www.mt-lodge.com/, Switzerland?

I’d love to have a copy.

EuroBBI2024 Rueras, CH March 1-9, 2024
Tourist
PjrAuthor15 December 2019 · 09:20

I received my copy on Friday and I am very pleased with it. A nice size with clear maps and pictures. It’s very comprehensive and a proper guide for snow lovers rather than just a summary of commercial resorts. Some of the small, but great, little lift companies might well have a better future as a result of your work. A great job done well. Thank you!

Expert
meteomorrisAuthor16 December 2019 · 13:19

@@glenncz we stopped shipping outside Europe. The shippings costs are ridiculous and the amount of paperwork too much. If you know a solution, please let us know.

@@Chester_Tartsnatcher Swiss is the samen problem. Would you only go to Swiss or will you also visit a European Union country?

powfinder.com
Advanced
Chester_TartsnatcherAuthor16 December 2019 · 14:25

@@meteomorris, so much for free trade, huh?
I’ll land at ZRH March 10, go to Klosters, then to mt-lodge in Rueras (SkiArena), then over to La Grave, but I don’t really know anyone in LG anymore except Pelle, but wouldn’t want to impose. I leave ZRH March 25.

I do have a friend in Konstanz who I might be able to ship to. Let me see if I can do that.

EuroBBI2024 Rueras, CH March 1-9, 2024
Never miss a PowderAlert!

Get updates on the latest news, PowderAlerts and more!