Forecasts not updating?

• wlf
    wlf op 16 November 2019 · 08:56
    All the forecasts are starting on Thursday rather than Saturday. Is there a problem?
  • Storpotatisen
    Advanced
    Storpotatisen op 16 November 2019 · 09:14
    Same thing earlier in the week. I think they're just out chasing powder on the glaciers..... 😀
    ~~Storpotatisen~~
  • meteomorris
    Expert
    meteomorris op 17 November 2019 · 11:08
    Thank you for reporting. Since last week we have encountered problems while loading the data and running the weather model.
    One of our coders is (or has been) working non-stop to solve the problem. As a result, we had a few incorrect runs last week. It looks like we found the troublemakers, but it always takes about 6 hours of computing time before the new data is on the site.

Normally this process runs during the night hours. But today we do a new run during the day. Therefore it might take until the end of the afternoon before there is a new update only. In the worst case not earlier than tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Do not hesitate if you have short or long-term weather questions to ask them here. I cannot depict my answers as beautifully in color as our snow maps do, but I can will do my best. Once again apologies, we are working on it.
    May the powder be with you.
  • wlf
    wlf op 17 November 2019 · 20:09
    No problem Morris I'm a developer myself so understand the challenges!

A generalised question - anything on the horizon for the North side of the Alps ie Three valleys or are we stuck in this weather cycle of storms hitting the South for a while yet?

You need to be logged in to post a comment in this topic. Login or create an account.

Upgrade to wepowder Pro

• Extended 14 day forecast
  • Slope angle and exposition terrain layers
  • Inspirational freeride routes
wePowder Pro