PA#9: best week of the season so far?

PA#9: best week of the season so far?

It took a while, but after rain there will be loads of fresh snow and bluebird. Monday will still be mild, but overnight to Tuesday the winter will finally kick into the Alps.

After two days with extensive snow fall the sun will come out again. The conditions will be fantastic. But don’t forget to check your local avalanche bulletin because a raincrust deeper in the snowpack and a lot of wind will create tricky conditions.

Your Powfinder, Morris

meteomorris

Replies

Tourist
opisskaproAuthor3 February 2020 · 22:37

Garrh, this is the worst season ever! After it finally gets good, the powder day is literally the only day of the season where I can not make space to go to the Alps. Guess I will be getting the scraps on Friday then …

Tourist
SiFiAuthor3 February 2020 · 23:08

You mean the worst season FOR YOU, don’t you?

Tourist
François de LimburgAuthor4 February 2020 · 10:21

Thank you Morris,
Always a pleasure to understand tricky Alpine weather with your great explanations.
We will be in Verbier from the 9th till the 14th - second best week of the season ?

Tourist
opisskaproAuthor4 February 2020 · 11:27

You mean the worst season FOR YOU, don’t you?

SiFi op 3 Feb 2020 23:08

Sorry for my inexact statement of course. If you are having powder fun this years, it’s awesome and I am happy for you with all my heart and never meant induce any negative feeling. Peace!

Expert
meteomorrisAuthor4 February 2020 · 13:18

Thank you Morris,
Always a pleasure to understand tricky Alpine weather with your great explanations.
We will be in Verbier from the 9th till the 14th - second best week of the season ?

François de Limburg op 4 Feb 2020 10:21

Forecast is looking good.

powfinder.com
Tourist
GregaproAuthor4 February 2020 · 13:34

Whats happening Morris…looking at webcams for Eastern Alps (Salzburg)…the sun just poped out??? ://

Advanced
Ed48Author4 February 2020 · 13:34

Garrh, this is the worst season ever! After it finally gets good, the powder day is literally the only day of the season where I can not make space to go to the Alps. Guess I will be getting the scraps on Friday then …

opisska op 3 Feb 2020 22:37

The Worst January for sure, other than that - its ok. We started shreding powder in November, and last week in the Alps been fantastic, Looking forward for more in Feb.

Expert
meteomorrisAuthor4 February 2020 · 15:36

Whats happening Morris…looking at webcams for Eastern Alps (Salzburg)…the sun just poped out??? ://

Grega op 4 Feb 2020 13:34

Patience ;) There is more snow coming in…

powfinder.com
Advanced
seangirlingAuthor4 February 2020 · 18:22

More high wind in Chamonix than snow. Seems to be blowing off the refrozen rain crust at 2500m faster than its blowing in. Definitely not the best week of the season in the Haute Savoie.

Tourist
GregaproAuthor4 February 2020 · 19:11

Grega op 4 Feb 2020 13:34

Patience ;) There is more snow coming in…

meteomorris op 4 Feb 2020 15:36

Thank you lord :))))****

Tourist
NicZHAuthor4 February 2020 · 19:25

I will take my chance in disentis thursday, hoping avalanche risk cool down

Expert
meteomorrisAuthor4 February 2020 · 22:28

More high wind in Chamonix than snow. Seems to be blowing off the refrozen rain crust at 2500m faster than its blowing in. Definitely not the best week of the season in the Haute Savoie.

seangirling op 4 Feb 2020 18:22

You should check les portes du soleil. More snow, less wind. There is more than Cham ;)

powfinder.com
Advanced
PichelAuthor4 February 2020 · 23:18

I will take my chance in disentis thursday, hoping avalanche risk cool down

NicZH op 4 Feb 2020 19:25

Depending on where you travel from / I aim for Elm first on Thursday and potentially Disentis on the weekend when crowds go to LAAX.

Never miss a PowderAlert!

Get updates on the latest news, PowderAlerts and more!