new website

• Billgibbs
    Advanced
    Billgibbs op 2 January 2013 · 19:50
    does anybody else think this new website blows compared to the way it was there is not near the info and when your on the destinations and you try to sort it just kicks you back to the home screen am i doing somthing wrong
    NC Yeti
  • meteomorris
    Tourist
    meteomorris op 3 January 2013 · 01:24
    Hi Bill, what exactly are the problems you're coping with?
    What do you miss? What goes wrong with the navigation?
    We would love to sort it out and make it better.

Oh, which browser are you using?

Cheers
    Morris
    May the powder be with you.
  • Billgibbs
    Advanced
    Billgibbs op 3 January 2013 · 14:02
    Thank you for your response I really appreciate it.
    The Biggest thing I miss is the almost real time weather map I think it was an NOAA map and it looked like the snow and rain areas were hand drawn on it and snow totals were also looked hand written. I used many websites last year to find the current and expected powder and this was by far the best and most accurate and told everyone I talked to about it I notice this year my old profile is gone and the short term forecast is different it looks like a map from another website I used last year for a bit that was not very accurate I wonder why you are not using the NOAA maps you had last year.
    I use windows explorer8 as my browser and when I choose the destinations tab it brings up the resorts list and if I try to select any type of sorting it just goes back to the home page I did try using Google chrome and it works correctly on chrome.
    Thanks again,
    Bill
    NC Yeti
  • meteomorris
    Tourist
    meteomorris op 3 January 2013 · 14:47
    Hi Bill,
    Thanks for your reply.

Regarding your account and the differences you see.
    Our old system was getting old and on it's way to collapse, so we had to change to a new environment which give us the possibility to rebuild it from scratch. We were able te restore a lot of user-accounts, but not all. Perhaps you can send me your old username + emailadres that you used and we can have a look at it. You can send it to morris [at] wepowder dot nl.

Regarding the maps.
    First of all, where are you based? North-America or Europe?
    Which map did you mean? The radar maps, the snowfall the last 3 days map or the snowfall 24, 48 and 72 hrs maps? Than we can have a look at our models and see how we can fix this.

Regarding windows explorer 8.
    We will have a look at that.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.
    Keep it coming! And don't hesitate to share suggestions etc. with us.

cheers.
  • Billgibbs
    Advanced
    Billgibbs op 3 January 2013 · 16:04
    I am in North America (The lower 48)
    The snowfall the last 3 days map or the snowfall 24, 48 and 72 hrs maps these were very helpful along with your powder alerts that I would get mobile since I don't live near great skiing I having the most accurate info is important because I what it deep and fresh.
    getting my old profile back is no big deal I already have a new one set up.
    Thanks,
    Bill
    NC Yeti
  • meteomorris
    Tourist
    meteomorris op 3 January 2013 · 16:08
    I am in North America (The lower 48)
    The snowfall the last 3 days map or the snowfall 24, 48 and 72 hrs maps these were very helpful along with your powder alerts that I would get mobile since I don't live near great skiing I having the most accurate info is important because I what it deep and fresh.
    getting my old profile back is no big deal I already have a new one set up.
    Thanks,
    Bill Bill gibbs op 3 Jan 2013 4:04 PM

I will have a look at the maps. Might be a problem in timing and scheduling. The last 3 days snowfall map is something we are working on. Will come back to you asap. Thanks!
  • meteomorris
    Tourist
    meteomorris op 8 January 2013 · 13:30
    @Bill Gibbs
    Last 4 days snowfall will be back..
    And... http://wepowder.com/weblog/4023/Powder-A-L-E-R-T
  • meteomorris
    Tourist
    meteomorris op 14 January 2013 · 18:21
    @Bill Gibbs
    Last 4 days of snowfall is back on the maps.

You need to be logged in to post a comment in this topic. Login or create an account.

Upgrade to wepowder Pro

• Extended 14 day forecast
  • Slope angle and exposition terrain layers
  • Inspirational freeride routes
wePowder Pro