Touring in Japan

• DzaemanDzulkifli
    Advanced
    DzaemanDzulkifli op 26 March 2013 · 14:44
    Hey guys just planning some future trips to Japan and was wondering if any one knows of any good tour books? I'm looking for something equivalent to what the swiss alpine club publishes here in Switzerland. Searched around but haven't had any luck finding anything on Amazon.com...
    DZ
  • @MichieldRuijter
    Elite
    @MichieldRuijter op 8 April 2013 · 10:27
    It is quite difficult to find. If you'll find some, it will be in Japanese.
    Best is to contact a local who speaks English and start from there...
    Which area are you aiming for?
    @MichieldRuijter
  • DzaemanDzulkifli
    Advanced
    DzaemanDzulkifli op 8 April 2013 · 11:23
    Thanks @MichieldRuijter, I have been searching both for english and ones in japanese but perhaps it wont be posted in amazon. It might be that Japan might have their own version of it.

Thanks for the tip! I wanted to start here first see what the community knows but i guess i would have get some local friends to look into it for me!

The plan is so far about 2 weeks in Hakuba for sure and one other place...
    DZ
  • @MichieldRuijter
    Elite
    @MichieldRuijter op 8 April 2013 · 15:14
    I not familiar in Hakuba. I've been several times to Hokkaido in the areas around Sapporo and Niseko. If you find any info about Hakuba and feel like sharing.. Keep me in the loupe!?
    @MichieldRuijter
  • DzaemanDzulkifli
    Advanced
    DzaemanDzulkifli op 8 April 2013 · 15:21
    Will do! I will also post what ever I find as the planning comes together over here! I hope i find some good resources!

Cheers!
    DZ

You need to be logged in to post a comment in this topic. Login or create an account.

Upgrade to wepowder Pro

• Extended 14 day forecast
  • Slope angle and exposition terrain layers
  • Inspirational freeride routes
wePowder Pro