WeTelemark trip 2013 - 2014

• telemikey
    Advanced
    telemikey op 26 November 2013 路 11:32
    I noticed that there are a few telemark skiers hanging around here on WePowder.COM. Cool.

Every year I try to organise a tele-trip for the dutch WePowder.NL crew, somewhere in januari/ beginning februari. Last year I had bow out, after having won a CMH heliski trip to Canada (yeah, boohoo for me 馃槈 ).

I don't expect to win anything like that this year 馃槥 so I'm trying to put together a tele-trip again.

Don't imagine anything fancy, just a bunch of tele skiers who freeride together for a weekend. We haven't used guides (yet) and we don't plan where we're headed till the last minute, i.e. a few days in advance. There are no costs involved other than pay your own (lodging, lift tickets, etc).

It would be cool if some of you could hook up too. Let me know if you're interested and I'll try to keep everyone posted.

PS I'm recovering from knee surgery (3 weeks ago) and hope to push the date for the trip back a bit. Maybe februari or march. Otherwise I'll be in pussy mode too much...
    White room,Pillow lines,I rule
  • meteomorris
    Tourist
    meteomorris op 26 November 2013 路 12:58
    Some shots of last year
    May the powder be with you.
  • Nidhugg
    Advanced
    Nidhugg op 9 December 2013 路 20:36
    That looks great! I am also recovering from knee injury and I am not sure if I can telemark anymore, but I am gonna test it the first chance I get skiing. If that works out allright I would be very interested in a Telecamp馃槂
  • telemikey
    Advanced
    telemikey op 9 December 2013 路 20:41
    Sweet. Where abouts are you from?

As for knees: it looks like I'm recovering quite nicely at the moment. So I have good hopes for a telemark get together.
  • Nidhugg
    Advanced
    Nidhugg op 9 December 2013 路 23:19
    I´m from Sweden, but live close to the major airport so have no trouble getting down to the alps.

Yeah, knees are troublesome, great if you can get back so quickly. I will check in and see what happens (not just to see where it snows 馃槂
  • AndersBj
    Advanced
    AndersBj op 27 December 2013 路 21:04
    Some teleriders going for a trip to the alps 9th to 16th of february. Have a flight to zürich, and go where the snow bring us..
    No friends on powderdays..
  • telemikey
    Advanced
    telemikey op 27 December 2013 路 21:22
    Looks like 'knee wise' march is the safest bet...

No hard date yet, but will tune in once I know more.
  • telemikey
    Advanced
    telemikey op 10 January 2014 路 15:35
    Hey everyone.

With an unstable snowpack and a knee that isn't making the progress I was hoping for, I'd like to propose to do the weTelemark trip at the end of march.

This coincides with dates for La Skieda.

How about we combine the two? I'd love to go the THE tele-festival and it gives me time for my knee to heel up.

Good idea or not?
  • AndersBj
    Advanced
    AndersBj op 6 February 2014 路 00:20
    Looks like we're heading for the Monterosa area this coming week, or french alps. Give us a post if there are any teleriders out here馃槈
    No friends on powderdays..
  • telemikey
    Advanced
    telemikey op 10 February 2014 路 21:47
    Won't be able to make it. However will be testing my knee on a family ski trip to Zermatt next week. Might be open to skiing a morning/ afternoon with someone else than wife/ kids.

On a whole other note: depending on how the knee holds up, I'd really like to go to La Skieda. Not sure if I want to go for half a week or the whole deal.

Anyone here thinking of going there too?
  • jakub
    Advanced
    jakub op 5 March 2014 路 14:49
    yup, will be there
  • telemikey
    Advanced
    telemikey op 6 March 2014 路 18:52
    I'm sorry to say that my knee is f***ed and therefore won't be able to make it. Obviously I wish it was different (haven't done ANY noteworthy skiing this season due to my knee) and would've loved to 1. go to SKieda and 2. meet other WePowder.COM'ers...

Ugh

You need to be logged in to post a comment in this topic. Login or create an account.

Upgrade to wepowder Pro

• Extended 14 day forecast
  • Slope angle and exposition terrain layers
  • Inspirational freeride routes
wePowder Pro