ask Morris... winter '13-'14

• KlasRydstrand
    Advanced
    KlasRydstrand op 1 March 2014 路 16:22
    It's long to go until Thursday @JAndersB and conditions might be the same all over the alps. Monte Rosa has the altitude. Vi håller tummarna!
  • JAndersB
    Advanced
    JAndersB op 1 March 2014 路 16:54
    Driving down already sunday as it looks. rest of the family coming wednesday evening. Ja, ser bra ut 馃槂
  • Luca
    Expert
    Luca op 1 March 2014 路 21:25
    yes tons of powder! i couldn't come up yesterday and now i'm stuck in como because roads are closed. I will try tomorrow but i don't think lifts will open soon.... maybe tomorrow one chair lift but that's it.
    Luca - www.lucazattoni.com
    Advanced
    49 op 1 March 2014 路 21:40
    At the moment the road to Alagna is closed, expected to stay like that at least until noon tomorrow.
    montagna bianca, ti amo
  • KlasRydstrand
    Advanced
    KlasRydstrand op 2 March 2014 路 10:58
    @Luca @49 Thanks guys! Since the road to Gressoney is closed we can't stay in our apartment tonight so we'll spend the night in Champoluc instead. Probably those lifts are open tomorrow. I guess we'll start with some tree runs huh? Take care!
  • Luca
    Expert
    Luca op 2 March 2014 路 22:15
    the road in gressoey opened at 17. but in the lower valley is raining really hard... it's possible a new heavy snowfall and again road closed and lifts closed... furthermore temperatures are really high so it's not that safe with all this snow
    Luca - www.lucazattoni.com
  • KlasRydstrand
    Advanced
    KlasRydstrand op 3 March 2014 路 00:08
    Yes @Luca we managed to get to our hotel in Gressoney and I've never seen so much snow in my life! No rain though and temperatures seems to be a few degrees above zero in the valley but no disaster. We'll see what its like tomorrow up on the mountain. Be safe!
  • Hannes
    Tourist
    Hannes op 3 March 2014 路 09:47
    Hey @meteomorris,
    I am thinking of a 'last minute' trip for a week to Niseko, flying on Wednesday - can you tell me if the weather is worth it - since you are currently there? 馃槈 The forecasts I checked aren't that good ... Thanks!
  • meteomorris
    Tourist
    meteomorris op 3 March 2014 路 09:56
    @Hannes, conditions have improved a lot with the snowfalls of the last 2 days. The forecast says snow for the rest of the week.

My advice? Go!
    May the powder be with you.
  • shreddy_krueger
    Beginner
    shreddy_krueger op 11 March 2014 路 12:18
    Is there still hope for a Northern Stau? GFS says yes, but I am not sure if I can trust them anymore....
  • meteomorris
    Tourist
    meteomorris op 12 March 2014 路 09:07
    @shreddy_krueger check dis: http://wepowder.com/weblog/5146/Nordstau-coming-up--PA-%2322%3F...

I do expect 20-40 around the Dachstein and Tauplitz.
  • AndreasPieber
    Advanced
    AndreasPieber op 16 March 2014 路 20:06
    What about next Weekend? Bergfex says snow for the northern alps but i dont trust bergfex...
    Its really time for some freshies!!
  • meteomorris
    Tourist
    meteomorris op 17 March 2014 路 12:10
    @AndreasPieber, update will be live in a few hours. The main alpine ridge will get snow. Best conditions after the weekend!
  • AndreasPieber
    Advanced
    AndreasPieber op 17 March 2014 路 12:30
    Yeah, best news since weeks! 馃槂
  • lynsey
    Beginner
    lynsey op 20 March 2014 路 11:42
    Hey Morris I know it's still kind of far away but any long term insights on the first week in april? Am planning to meet up with some friends from the UK and they are trying to decide flights to me in Munich or flights to Geneva?
  • AndreasPieber
    Advanced
    AndreasPieber op 20 March 2014 路 19:42
    Would it be worth to go on saturday to andermatt? Is it snowing enough from friday night to saturday morning?
  • Christop
    Tourist
    Christop op 25 March 2014 路 09:48
    Hi Morris, I want to go to Limone Piemonte on Friday. Why did the forcast change from abou 50 freshies yesterday, to 20 cm today? How much snow will the Piemont region get? Thanks a lot 馃槂
  • meteomorris
    Tourist
    meteomorris op 26 March 2014 路 13:55
    @Christop Locally around 50 cm.. check:
    I would suggest Prali, the area west of the col du Sestriere, Crissolo or Argentera. Check this map: http://wepowder.com/playgrounds/region/7
  • SvenPrzetak
    Advanced
    SvenPrzetak op 14 April 2014 路 12:44
    Hi Morris, any powder advice for the upcoming easter weekend? Thanks, Sven
    Pray for Snow!
  • meteomorris
    Tourist
    meteomorris op 15 April 2014 路 09:31
    @SvenPrzetak Thursday and Friday you should go east: http://wepowder.com/weblog/5198/PA-%2325-Go-East%21...

During the weekend a lot of snow in the South. But snow levels will be pretty high. There will be an update of my forecast on wednesday/thursday.
  • KlasRydstrand
    Advanced
    KlasRydstrand op 28 April 2014 路 10:57
    I'd like to extend a huge thank you for all the support you have given us during the season @meteomorris Your help is the best you can get and I am very thankful. See you next season!
  • meteomorris
    Tourist
    meteomorris op 28 April 2014 路 11:39
    @KlasRydstrand Thank you! You're welcome!
  • Nidhugg
    Advanced
    Nidhugg op 5 May 2014 路 20:19
    I second that Klas, thanks @meteomorris for all the help to maximize the skiing experience this season, again 馃槂.
  • meteomorris
    Tourist
    meteomorris op 5 May 2014 路 21:15
    @Nidhugg thank you. See you next winter!
  • shreddy_krueger
    Beginner
    shreddy_krueger op 9 May 2014 路 16:43
    Oh yeah big thanks to @meteomorris love your forecasts!!! btw what do you think about the upcoming week, i see nice colors on the snow maps =)
  • meteomorris
    Tourist
    meteomorris op 9 May 2014 路 16:56
    @shreddy_krueger thanks! Next week will be good in the higher alpine areas. Better wait until the storm has passed 馃槈
  • shreddy_krueger
    Beginner
    shreddy_krueger op 10 May 2014 路 17:32
    sure, i´m hoping for saturday/sunday 馃構 looks like a huge dump is in progess for the north(east) alps 馃榾
  • shreddy_krueger
    Beginner
    shreddy_krueger op 14 May 2014 路 12:10
    Could you give me any advice for Saturday/Sunday?

You need to be logged in to post a comment in this topic. Login or create an account.

Upgrade to wepowder Pro

• Extended 14 day forecast
  • Slope angle and exposition terrain layers
  • Inspirational freeride routes
wePowder Pro