Zakopane Poland

• richard1985
    Advanced
    richard1985 op 12 January 2014 · 21:30
    A post to share your lines and trails you found & mapped in Zakopane.

Quaint little polish resort in the South just East of Krakow. Not much to go off and I didnt go there by choice (Family holiday visiting parents in area) but the 2 days I got away i went to "Kasparowy Wierch" (Spelling...) bumped into some really cool Russian guys (Alexander Negrash and....) and trailed the below.

Heres some of my lines anyway and if not for you then some usefull OS Map equivalent for you or any google searcher to go off. (Almost too detailed...)

Notes below:

1. Epic and easy under the lift. Standard!! Lots of good tree lines but can get a bit tight in spots, plenty of trick shot opportunities though. and untouched powder on the right side. PLAN YOUR JOURNEY! The bowl in the middle ("........ Dolina"😉 is right cluster f%$k of trees and flats so dont get caught heading too far right unless you fancy a long blind trek.

2. Beauty of a 60d steep but over fairly quickly for the walk after (Long dashes indicating easy walk tho) You can also go to right and drop the where the purple arrow is BUT the arrow indicates shingle rocks underneath and or chance/history of snow slides.

3. and 4. similar story to above, be wary of conditions. The area doesnt really have any patrols so you really are on your own out there. Beautifull tree runs. At the top of three can be very exposed.

5. Following the stream most of the way. nice wide and plenty of small drops.

All in great resort but pretty deserted. Know your stuff. Take a buddy. Take supplies & dress warm (Weather turned VERY quickly on me)

NB: Be very wary of tracking the middle bowl ("Dolina Kasprowa"😉 like said above, also HUGE risk of slides at the top end. I didnt have the chance but saw some opportunities to come over the "Kopa Magury"

Anyone got anything else share away!
    tree skiing all the way!
  • richard1985
    Advanced
    richard1985 op 12 January 2014 · 22:08
    lower tree run on way back to bottom of lift from track no 4. Low Altitude but blisfully empty and open!!

tree skiing all the way!
  • meteomorris
    Tourist
    meteomorris op 13 January 2014 · 12:02
    @richard1985, thank you for sharing!
    May the powder be with you.
  • richard1985
    Advanced
    richard1985 op 13 January 2014 · 15:02
    @meteomorris i got another 6 resorts to do. Just took longer than i thought to do the one and ran out of time.

been looking for a site like this for years! Hopefully more people will know lines i didn't find also for if i go back!
    tree skiing all the way!

You need to be logged in to post a comment in this topic. Login or create an account.

Upgrade to wepowder Pro

• Extended 14 day forecast
  • Slope angle and exposition terrain layers
  • Inspirational freeride routes
wePowder Pro