Please, advice place in Europe

• Zozozo
    Tourist
    Zozozo op 24 January 2014 路 10:28
    Hi everybody! I need your advice!

I'm quite experienced off-piste snowboarder from Russia, but my Europen expirience is poor enought (mostly highest places in Russia and Himalaya (Gulmarg) last few seasons) . This year from the second half of February it seems like I have to be in Europe with my girlfrien. So I'm looking for place where is possible to rent some small (2 person) apartment for month or two for adequate price (not like 2000 euros/week). I have only few important moments: no more than 30-40 minutes by car to the big mountain resort, adequate price, and internet connection. Internet is absolutely must have, cause I need it for work.

I understand that season is already in high gear and it could be not an easy question. But if anybody could help my with any advices, contacts, links, etc - I'll be very thankful!

Thanks in advance.
  • meteomorris
    Tourist
    meteomorris op 24 January 2014 路 11:17
    @Zozozo, what do you mean with a 'big mountain resort?'. What kind of resort are you looking for. Since your are searching for an appartment from mid february till mid April I would suggest resorts that have peaks that go beyond 2500 meters and higher.

Oh, and Switzerland is pretty expensive at the moment due to the exchange rate of the Swiss Franc.
    May the powder be with you.
  • Zozozo
    Tourist
    Zozozo op 24 January 2014 路 11:27
    As I see - almost everything is quite expensive 馃槂 That's why I'm asking for help. My experience with non-European resorts tell me that usual there are some "secret" variants with more reasonable price - that's what I'm looking for 馃槂
    Switzerland - is absolutely not a requirements, but for now I'm researching this question and seems like Switzerland is not more expensive if compare with Austria or France. I could be wrong.

About the mountains. Bigger - better 馃槂 My favorite resorts - Krasnaya Polyana (Sochi, where I was working for two whole seasons) and Gulmarg (India, Kashmir), cause there you could find very interesting relief, hight mountains, big couloir, forest-riding and really many snow. So I'm not interesting in family-resorts and so on.

And thanks for your answer 馃槂
  • meteomorris
    Tourist
    meteomorris op 24 January 2014 路 12:17
    @Zozozo,

You might try the villages in the French Maurienne Valley. This is one of the cheapest valleys in France and within a 45 minutes drive you can access resorts like Val Thorens, Valfrejus, Bonneval sur Arc, Les Karrelis, Valloire etc.. http://wepowder.com/playgrounds/region/5
    May the powder be with you.
  • telemikey
    Advanced
    telemikey op 24 January 2014 路 15:50
    I'm not sure what you are looking for... Are you looking for a cheap off the beaten track resort? Or maybe a village with good access to skiing within, say 30 - 45mins drive?

If you want cheap, you'll want to stay more in the main valleys. And meteomorris nailed it with the Maurienne valley. I guess there are some valleys in italy that could works as well (don't know price setting of the Aosta valley, for example. Courmayeur has stunning high- altitude skiing.

If you're not dead set on high altitude stuff then the Inn valley close to Feldkirch might work also (would have you in E- Switz quite qucikly with some great skiing in the Montafon area.

Switzerland is pretty expensive compared to France, Italy, Germany, Austria...
    White room,Pillow lines,I rule
  • lynsey
    Beginner
    lynsey op 19 February 2014 路 11:04
    For accomodation I like airbnb.com or booking.com, maybe have a look at a few resorts on there for an idea of prices? You should be able to find an apartment for 2 for way less than €2000/week, I stayed right in the centre of Chamonix last month for €600 for 9 nights for 2 people and usually pay less than that in resorts in Austria, you will easily find somewhere for around €50 a night for both of you.

You need to be logged in to post a comment in this topic. Login or create an account.

Upgrade to wepowder Pro

• Extended 14 day forecast
  • Slope angle and exposition terrain layers
  • Inspirational freeride routes
wePowder Pro