Where to go on Saturday

• wlf
    wlf op 25 décembre 2019 · 10:01
    I am flying into Geneva on Friday evening, have accommodation booked in Les Menuires/3 valleys from Saturday night.

Forecast in that area is for some snow Friday but not great amounts. Will there be enough for a powder day or would I be better heading east from Geneva and ski somewhere in Switzerland Saturday then head back over to 3 valleys?

Going by the forecasts maybe Lauchernalp but sceptical of its 30cm+ forecast when nearby resorts have 17cm or so which is similar to Les Menuires/Val Thorens.

Argentiere looks like another possibility and much less of a detour.

Looks like this system is changing to the east which is further away from where I'll be.

Any help appreciated!

*message édité par wlf op 25 déc. 2019 10:03 (5% bewerkt)
  • wlf
    wlf op 26 décembre 2019 · 09:01
    Looks like the forecasts have been scaled back, considering Lauchernalp, Argentiere or surrounding resorts, or even heading over to St Anton. Snow-forecast.com has higher amounts over that way with little in the West.

@meteomorris, I would be grateful if you can give any specific advice on where to go.
  • meteomorris
    Expert
    meteomorris op 26 décembre 2019 · 09:33
    @wlf, I would go to the Arlberg. Significant snow came down and conditions are really good. On friday there will be some fresh again with the biggest accumulations between Lech and Warth.
    May the powder be with you.
  • wlf
    wlf op 26 décembre 2019 · 13:10
    Thanks @meteomorris, Arlberg is quite far out of my way but will go there if I have to.

Reading the new powder alert it looks like it might be ok in the west - is it worth risking Chamonix or somewhere else for a much shorter drive or will they not get a decent amount?

• Chris_Grove
    Chris_Grove op 26 décembre 2019 · 20:40
    Hi,

I am looking to go to st Anton for the weekend but cannot find any accommodation, not even hostels! does anybody have any recommendations for places to stay?

cheers.
  • Chris_Grove
    Chris_Grove op 26 décembre 2019 · 20:40
    Hi,

I am looking to go to st Anton for the weekend but cannot find any accommodation, not even hostels! does anybody have any recommendations for places to stay?

cheers.
  • wlf
    wlf op 26 décembre 2019 · 21:44
    I've found the same, accommodation in that area does not seem to register on air BnB or booking.com.

Try https://www.bergfex.com/you might find something bit it's not really 'live'.

Répondre

Vous devez être connecté afin de poster une réponse sur ce sujet. Connectez-vous ou créez un compte.

Passer à wepowder Pro

• Prévisions complètes sur 14 jours
  • Raideur de pente et exposition du terrain
  • Idées d'itinéraires freeride
wePowder Pro