Give me hope

• Mattias
    Tourist
    Mattias op 3 December 2014 路 22:43
    I'm going to Espace Killy in the end of december. The lack of snow worries me a lot. Give me hope and tell me your sunshine story when the green mountains became white (and a lot of it) in a short time.

May the hope be with me!
  • Arjen
    Advanced
    Arjen op 3 December 2014 路 23:31
    @Mattias The end of december is still 3-4 weeks ahead. I'm sure it will change. I've seen ski areas change from completely green into pure winter overnight, so there's nothing to worry yet! 馃槂
    One day, they'll invent synthetic powder, ban all kinds of work and give you a free liftpass...
  • shreddy_krueger
    Beginner
    shreddy_krueger op 4 December 2014 路 16:34
    Well, you should wait at least 2-3 more weeks and then check the webcams again! Winter has just started don´t worry...they is also a recent weblog about a late winter start 馃槈
  • meteomorris
    Tourist
    meteomorris op 4 December 2014 路 17:33
    @Mattias It's coming... don't worry.
    May the powder be with you.
  • Mattias
    Tourist
    Mattias op 9 December 2014 路 11:37
    @meteomorris
    Now I`m getting really worried. What does the long-/mid term forecats says about the Western alps. Is there any chance for a heavy snowfall the two next weeks?

Dancing every night for powder馃槂
  • meteomorris
    Tourist
    meteomorris op 9 December 2014 路 11:42
    @Mattias, yes... The models are still struggling a bit but chances are there will be significant snow the coming week. The jetstream is turning northwest, which is in favor of Espace Killy.
    Keep dancing 馃槈
  • Mattias
    Tourist
    Mattias op 9 December 2014 路 11:44
    @meteomorris, Tanks for quick reply
  • bykan76
    Tourist
    bykan76 op 15 December 2014 路 10:14
    Any more news?
  • meteomorris
    Tourist
    meteomorris op 15 December 2014 路 12:43
    Yes. Snow on wednesday and thursday. Snowlevels around 2000 meters. Significant amounts of snow.
  • Mattias
    Tourist
    Mattias op 15 December 2014 路 15:20
    If you must guess, what do you think about the amount of snow? @meteomorris
  • meteomorris
    Tourist
    meteomorris op 15 December 2014 路 16:09
    @Mattias around 20-40. Maybe 50-60 in some spots.
    Less snow in the eastern part of Val d'Isere, most snow in the western valleys of Tignes
  • Mattias
    Tourist
    Mattias op 21 December 2014 路 17:21
    @meteomorris, it looks like there will be a significant snowfall next weekend or the day after. Do you agree in that forecast?
    We are going to espace killy next weekend....
  • PanKarel
    Beginner
    PanKarel op 22 December 2014 路 12:26
    Hi 馃槂
    In the first row thank to you Meteomorris for all informations it is great job and big help for all of us 馃槂
    I am going to Tignes 3.1.2015 and I am afraid a lot because quantity of snow is not good..
    I check website every day but still no change.
    I am thinking about another place like a Val Thorens, Livigno, Nendaz also Norway how you advised but probably we will risk Tignes 馃槂 or what do you think?
    I hope that weather will change and lot of snow is coming as soon as possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Have a nice day and lot of snow for everybody and everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 馃槂
    Be careful...
    guanoapes@centrum.cz
  • meteomorris
    Tourist
    meteomorris op 23 December 2014 路 21:32
    @Mattias @PanKarel I was in Passo del Tonale/Bormio/Santa Catarina last weekend and did score loads of untracked lines. Sorry for the delay.

@Mattias chances are there will be fresh december 29th. Will keep you posted.
    @PanKarel thank you! Val Thorens and Nendaz aren't any better at the moment. I did drive through Livigno last weekend and the base is pretty good overthere at the moment.
  • PanKarel
    Beginner
    PanKarel op 23 December 2014 路 22:44
    thanks, but it will Tignes so I will pray.....馃槂
    guanoapes@centrum.cz
  • meteomorris
    Tourist
    meteomorris op 25 December 2014 路 09:18
    @Mattias @PanKarel BOOM there it is...

You can start dancing already..
  • PanKarel
    Beginner
    PanKarel op 25 December 2014 路 10:05
    houhouhou..... thanks for this message Mr. MeteoMorris 馃槂 that is great message and the best christmas present, I hope that snowing will be heavy and long and 1 meter fall down............
    super Tignes dict, I bealive!!!!!!!!!!!
    Have a nice days 馃槂))) and see you somewhere in backcountry 馃槂 Karel 馃槂
    guanoapes@centrum.cz
  • PanKarel
    Beginner
    PanKarel op 25 December 2014 路 10:08
    I will start dancing when snow will be there but maybe a little I will start today 馃槂
    Thanks lot for this good news and good song 馃槂
    guanoapes@centrum.cz

You need to be logged in to post a comment in this topic. Login or create an account.

Upgrade to wepowder Pro

• Extended 14 day forecast
  • Slope angle and exposition terrain layers
  • Inspirational freeride routes
wePowder Pro