tauplitz on sunday and monday

• enne
    Advanced
    enne op 1 January 2015 路 21:21
    is anybody motivated to enjoy the next stau in the tauplitz region?
  • shreddy_krueger
    Beginner
    shreddy_krueger op 3 January 2015 路 12:32
    I will probably ski in upper austria due to a saison pass. If you are in the tauplitz area you should think about riding Loser in Altaussee too, because tauplitz is not a secret spot anymore.
  • enne
    Advanced
    enne op 4 January 2015 路 14:13
    im from upper Austria too 馃槂 where are u coming from..i´m from steyr. mitterstein is always good at tauplitz 馃槂 I´ve never been to loser..but I will go there to check the area.
  • shreddy_krueger
    Beginner
    shreddy_krueger op 4 January 2015 路 17:13
    Sure, Tauplitz is still a great place to ski pow, but as you named it the Mitterstein is tracked out pretty quick. I have the snow´n´fun season pass and therefore i will stick to the upper austrian resorts 馃槈
    I live close to Wels so Kasberg for tomorrow, because it´s not far away and on tuesday krippenstein if the weather is fine

btw. i just read that the james bond crew is in Altaussee to film the new bond movie 馃榾
  • enne
    Advanced
    enne op 5 January 2015 路 19:36
    kripp is really nice..but the question is...have they enough snow to ride to the valley...hmmm
    my girl and I go to hinterstoder tomorrow..its her first shred since we got parents in march 馃槂

really the bond crew..woooaahhh nice!!!
  • Jesper2
    Tourist
    Jesper2 op 6 January 2015 路 00:16
    Hi guys, I'm an OOE immigrant since 3 years and have been to most resorts by now, only Kripp with really crappy conditions. It seemed then that only when the descent into the valley is possible, it is worth going? Now they only have some 30cms at the bottom so too rocky or am I wrong?
    Then about Hinterstoder, doesn't Wurzeralm have the better treelines? I airways picked that one but maybe I have missed something 馃槂. Any insider tips/ routes welcome!
  • shreddy_krueger
    Beginner
    shreddy_krueger op 7 January 2015 路 10:56
    Kripp was really nice, but strong winds on top, and track out pretty quick....Of course there is not that much snow in the valley but enough to traverse back to the tram!

I would say that Hinterstoder have some really nice treelines, especially because the runs from the Hösskogel are northfacing and stay powdery. Both Hinterstoder and Wurzeralm have some good backcountry runs where you need a second car or a taxi to get back to the lifts. I wound prefer Hinterstoder on a stormy or snowy day, because the lifts are faster 馃榾 ON the wurzeralm, the Frauenkar lift is really slow and cold on storm days, but if it is a sunny day there are more options there!
  • Jesper2
    Tourist
    Jesper2 op 7 January 2015 路 11:26
    Thanks for the info Shreddy! So Krippenstein base was good enough in the end? Next time I won't hesitate then! True that Frauenkar is extremely slow, would be great to see that updated as it would make it one of the nicer playgrounds 馃槂
  • shreddy_krueger
    Beginner
    shreddy_krueger op 9 January 2015 路 11:14
    On top wind effected, in the trees really good powder, but still some sharks. There was no that much snow for the traverse where the exit signs are. Compared to last season the conditions are good, but last season was awful 馃槈 Tomorrow a lot of rain to 2.000m so you can forget the next week..... *snowdance* bring us a huge nordstau 馃榾

You need to be logged in to post a comment in this topic. Login or create an account.

Upgrade to wepowder Pro

• Extended 14 day forecast
  • Slope angle and exposition terrain layers
  • Inspirational freeride routes
wePowder Pro