Georgia / Mestia in February 2018

• Philphed
    Tourist
    Philphed op 14 December 2017 · 09:59
    Hello - two friends and me will be in Mestia from the 12th until the 18th of February. Will there be anyone else around? We already went there in March 2017 and look forward to come back.
  • Vinnie
    Advanced
    Vinnie op 14 December 2017 · 22:06
    We will be there in january, any tips regarding to terrain and/or maps for the region? Or maybe guides you would recommand?

Thanks loads!
    Sharing Secrets, Sharing freedom!
  • Philphed
    Tourist
    Philphed op 15 December 2017 · 09:20
    Cool! I cannot provide you with maps - however, we skied in Tednuldi, which is basically the ski resort and offers some nice runs off the slopes. We also went to Ushguli and Etseri, while I would highly recommend Ushguli. Its a 2h drive from Mestia into the mountains, as there are basically no roads. We went with a guide called Lasha and I will send you private message with his full name/contact. We will book him again this time as we were happy with him. He takes 150USD per day for a group of up to 4 or 5 people and does the driving. There is a group of Georgian mountain guides, which are trained by French mountain guides and have continuous seminars; He is one of them.

You need to be logged in to post a comment in this topic. Login or create an account.

Upgrade to wepowder Pro

• Extended 14 day forecast
  • Slope angle and exposition terrain layers
  • Inspirational freeride routes
wePowder Pro