Heading to Andermatt for Big Storm

• brethelenius
    brethelenius op 13 January 2018 · 12:05
    I’m heading to Andermatt next week and 90+ cm are predicted. I’ve been plenty of times. Looks like visibility may be a bit tough so would like some recommendations. Have skied Gemstock plenty but wondering if I should head over to Sedrun for some trees. Are there decent tree lines there? Looking for good terrain.
    Thanks!
    *message edited by brethelenius op 13 Jan 2018 12:06
  • Fuschetto
    Advanced
    Fuschetto op 13 January 2018 · 23:20
    I'm also considering Andermatt for the next days of Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
    On the low sides of the Gemstock I do not remember there were many tree run lines.
    I follow the topic with interest. 😉
    Fusk
  • meteomorris
    Expert
    meteomorris op 14 January 2018 · 02:22
    @brethelenius Both Andermatt and Sedrun don't have treeruns. Are you in Andermatt by car? Or by train? Let me know and I can give you some hints where to go.
    May the powder be with you.
  • brethelenius
    Advanced
    brethelenius op 14 January 2018 · 09:01
    Thanks @mateomorris. I have my car so I have some flexibility. Looking forward to any recommendations. Thanks!
  • Chester_Tartsnatcher
    Expert
    Chester_Tartsnatcher op 14 January 2018 · 19:37
    Airolo if they get snow too has nice trees on lower mountain.
  • meteomorris
    Expert
    meteomorris op 15 January 2018 · 06:40
    @brethelenius @Chester_Tartsnatcher is right. Bellwald in Wallis has trees and you can also phone Kurt at Haldigrat. Maybe he is willing to open his lifts when you show up with enough people.
    May the powder be with you.
  • brethelenius
    Advanced
    brethelenius op 15 January 2018 · 07:35
    Thanks for the tips guys! Looking forward to some sweet turns!

You need to be logged in to post a comment in this topic. Login or create an account.

Upgrade to wepowder Pro

• Extended 14 day forecast
  • Slope angle and exposition terrain layers
  • Inspirational freeride routes
wePowder Pro