wePowder guide

• MikeG
    MikeG op 26 December 2019 · 09:54
    A massive thank you and congratulations on an utterly absorbing guide.... and I’m only on page 40 scratching the surface of the northern alps east free riding credentials !
    This book is biblical, evoking religious level responses from my synapses and has my dopamine receptors open wide.
    What a resource you have put together and what a gift for people who want to know more about the winter alps..... more than they thought possible.
    This may sound as though it’s written by a marketing team but I assure you it’s not, my wife bought me this for Christmas and I think she is already regretting it on Boxing Day 😃

Morris, Arjen and all the wepowder team this is a gift from heaven...quite literally!

• meteomorris
    Expert
    meteomorris op 26 December 2019 · 11:35
    @MikeG, thank you
    May the powder be with you.
  • mtench
    Beginner
    mtench op 30 December 2019 · 16:43
    The book arrived in time for Xmas, and in general I really like it. Especially the trees differentiation (though sadly I don't live so near larches) and it's very inspiring.

I was expecting more detail on the freeride routes themselves, basically in line with the site and their colour coding, the information provided is enough to guide you to start investigating an area of the resort that you might not have considered, but being time poor, I had hoped for that extra level of detail to speed things up. For beginners, I don't know if it would be enough. Or is the expectation that people are also website subscribers?

It would also have been great to see even more small 'secret' resort gems, for the Western Alps it seems to be mostly the usual big (ie quickly tracked) suspects - though perhaps this should be your mission for Vol 2??

Still, it's a great book to own!
  • Arjen
    Advanced
    Arjen op 30 December 2019 · 17:43
    @mtench Thanks for the feedback and the compliments. The reason why the freeride routes are not in detail is because you should get a topographic map to map out the exact line. The freeride zones we mention are inspirational and give you an impression what's possible in a resort.
    One day, they'll invent synthetic powder, ban all kinds of work and give you a free liftpass...
  • steveh
    Expert
    steveh op 8 January 2020 · 09:45
    I agree with Mike, I finally found some time to sit down and read it last night. It's my new bible. It's a beautiful book, clearly the result of years of research (or, as my wife put it, years of ski bumming). After only a couple of hours reading I already have new ideas for trips for years to come, the book has confirmed some places I had heard of and given me a lot of new ideas. I'm also glad to see a couple of secret spots I know are not mentioned 😉

I think you are right to not put in details for routes; it would be impossible to do it for every resort and the book is already huge.
  • NicZH
    NicZH op 8 January 2020 · 19:05
    I totally agree. The book gives furious desire to explore new or already partly known area.
    Well done and thks guys for the huge work.
    Nice format, nice and pedagogic weather introduction too.
    I read some critics here and there about only well known resorts tracked quickly which I disagree for having tried some of them (even the weekend). Of course we will find always a resort missing (where is my beloved lotschental) but that is not the point.
  • Nidhugg
    Advanced
    Nidhugg op 9 January 2020 · 16:01
    I must join in the praise of the guide! Fantastic, will make our powderhunting even better together with your great weatherforecast Morris, and perfect now that we will spend a few months in Bormio. Now we now the closest place to relocate to temporarily when it snows from the north or east!
    *message edited by Nidhugg op 9 Jan 2020 16:02 (2% bewerkt)
  • nlm@lodberg.org
    Advanced
    nlm@lodberg.org op 10 January 2020 · 13:29
    Super nice book - I really enjoy reading it. Especially the introduction sections about weather and climate of the alps. I thought I knew how it worked, but you just added one more layer of knowledge. Powder hunting bible 😃
  • meteomorris
    Expert
    meteomorris op 10 January 2020 · 13:34 May the powder be with you.

You need to be logged in to post a comment in this topic. Login or create an account.

Upgrade to wepowder Pro

• Extended 14 day forecast
  • Slope angle and exposition terrain layers
  • Inspirational freeride routes
wePowder Pro