Tips for seasonpasses and Freeriding possibilities around Zürich

• samdevries
    Beginner
    samdevries op 20 October 2020 · 23:47
    Hi everyone,

So since January 2020 I moved permanently to Zurich. At the moment I'm looking into possiblities for the best freeriding around Zurich and which seasonpass would be worth looking into. Last year I had the seasonpass for 4 Vallees/Verbier but this is no longer an option due to prices and it being way to far from Zurich. So far I've found Engelberg and Silvretta Montafon in Austria to be possible choices.

Looking for recommendations or any tips you guys would have for me. Also feel free to join me whenever or send me Pm 😃
    My goal is to become Belgian Freeride Champion within let's say 3years, I still have a lot to learn so any tips on how to get better or how to meet likeminded people to train/ski with would be much appreciated!!

Kind regards,

Sam
  • Pichel
    Advanced
    Pichel op 25 October 2020 · 12:36
    Check out the wepowder freeride atlas! Great tips! Check out Tschiertschen; Ybrig for spontaneous ad-hoc powder days within 40mins by car; Madrisa to StAntönien; Jakobshorn->Tüfi; Pischahorn; Elm; LAAX: this is all Resort skiing. But obviously A lot of touring possibilities available as well.
  • NicZH
    NicZH op 26 October 2020 · 19:17
    Around Zurich (less than 2 hours) : Andermatt, Engelberg, Meiringen, Graubunden region in general (Tschiertschen being the gem). Austria is reachable with Lech, Montafon and Ischgl. Sure I miss some, have fun!
  • westi
    Advanced
    westi op 1 November 2020 · 20:17
    For freeriding Engelberg is great, there are a not for nothing a number of Swedish Freeeriders who spend the season in Engelberg

You need to be logged in to post a comment in this topic. Login or create an account.

Upgrade to wepowder Pro

• Extended 14 day forecast
  • Slope angle and exposition terrain layers
  • Inspirational freeride routes
wePowder Pro