Ski Israel

• pooli
    pooli op 22 March 2022 · 10:39
    Hey all, new here in the forum.

I have been chasing powder for 20 years now, and this season me and my mates canceled two trips already to the alps due to lack of snow.
    Well, that, and the fact we had a record-breaking season in Israel. It only started at the end of Jan, but since then we had 8 storms, with a combined total of more than 5-meter snowfall (1 storm was 1.5 meters in 3 days).

The 9th storm is about to hit us tomorrow, till Friday. expecting 30 cm of fresh minimum over our 1.5-meter base (at the bottom of the resort), the resort (mt. Hermon) will be open on Saturday the 26th, maybe we will get lucky and it will open the day before (they close it during storms).
    The resort isn't cheap, Israel is an expensive place - but it's cold this winter and we get powder.

If anyone would like to come ride powder - more than welcome.
  • pooli
    pooli op 22 March 2022 · 10:45
  • ieism
    Expert
    ieism op 22 March 2022 · 15:18
    Thats sick, I've been there once when I lived in Israel but I had no idea you had actual decent pow there. I hitch hiked up with a guy from the resort who told me they ride ski's in the morning and waterski in the afternoon with guest 😃
  • Vinnie
    Advanced
    Vinnie op 24 March 2022 · 12:26
    Soo Cool!

strange season in the alps means that snow is falling somewhere else, that's good to keep in mind.
    looks like Israel, turkey, Georgia are having a really good season!

enjoy the goods
    Sharing Secrets, Sharing freedom!

You need to be logged in to post a comment in this topic. Login or create an account.

Upgrade to wepowder Pro

• Extended 14 day forecast
  • Slope angle and exposition terrain layers
  • Inspirational freeride routes
wePowder Pro