Skitouring places in the alps

• Jesper.arnwald
    Jesper.arnwald op 26 December 2022 · 12:30
    Hi ski lovers!

I’ll be living in my van for two weeks in the alps and are looking for small villages and places where you could do only ski touring without lifts. Do anyone have any tips on places to go for ski touring and awesome lines?

Kind regards,
    Jesper
  • ZdeZe
    ZdeZe op 26 December 2022 · 18:26
    Hi Jasper

Which counry?

Best
    Zdenek
  • Jesper.arnwald
    Jesper.arnwald op 27 December 2022 · 08:22
    Hi man! Thank you for response! I was thinking France/Schweitz or Austria!

Hi Jasper

Which counry?

Best
    ZdenekZdeZe op 26 Dec 2022 18:26
  • AdamStekl
    Advanced
    AdamStekl op 28 December 2022 · 10:18
    Hello Jasper, maybe an idea to consider - mountain passes that are open also in winter, so you can start hiking from relatively high altitude. Some ideas: pass between Bormio-Livigno, Brenner above Innsbruck.
    Apart from that I have just discovered beautiful place Sella Nevea, there is a ski resort but it can also serve as a touring base. Good luck in your winter quest.
    Adam
    Adam
  • ieism
    Expert
    ieism op 7 January 2023 · 21:45
    Hi Jesper,

I suggest you follow the forecast here and travel to where the snow is best. I can help you in most countries with ski tour friendly spots, but there's too many to mention so send me a dm because I'm not on the English forum that much. I can tell you that France and Italy are more friendly for campervan and 'stealthy camping. Switzerland has fines, and Austria too can be quite unfriendly to ski bums.
    Good mountain sense is knowing how to avoid situations that require expert mountain sense.

You need to be logged in to post a comment in this topic. Login or create an account.

Upgrade to wepowder Pro

• Extended 14 day forecast
  • Slope angle and exposition terrain layers
  • Inspirational freeride routes
wePowder Pro