Mega dump in Pyrenees, but no alert?

• MikeSPF
    Tourist
    MikeSPF op 22 February 2015 路 13:53
    Hi Morris & team,

surely the Alps are the main destination of most readers, but I was wondering about the lack of forecasts this season from Pyrenees and North America. Both are having mega dumps lately (e.g. the (automatic?) map of the Pyrenees for the next 4 days is red, red, red, and Vermont has been reporting epic conditions). In past seasons, there were pow alerts for these regions.

cheers and keep up the good work.
    mike
  • meteomorris
    Tourist
    meteomorris op 22 February 2015 路 20:20
    @MikeSPF you're totally right. We are busy with the new site for next season which keeps my eyes a bit of the Pyrenees and the East... I will put more love in it 馃槈
    Thanks for your feedback.
    May the powder be with you.
  • MikeSPF
    Tourist
    MikeSPF op 22 February 2015 路 21:11
    thanks, Morris. Looking forward to the new site.

Ride on!
  • meteomorris
    Tourist
    meteomorris op 25 February 2015 路 14:10
    @MikeSPF a rather complex alert for the Pyrenees: http://wepowder.com/weblog/5858/A-rather-complex-alert...

Friday and Saturday will be good. Sunday way to warm.
  • MikeSPF
    Tourist
    MikeSPF op 2 March 2015 路 10:09
    thanks, Morris. In Baqueira-Beret it was exactly as you forecasted, Friday & Saturday pretty good powder days. Not epic as it was still very windy on Friday morning (and the new snow was a bit humid), and it started to snow rain already on Saturday early afternoon. Sunday we skipped altogether as it rained in higher altitudes. Thus, two pretty good half days. A couple of memorable runs we had.
  • meteomorris
    Tourist
    meteomorris op 2 March 2015 路 12:07
    @MikeSPF, thanks for sharing. Good to hear that the forecast was correct!

You need to be logged in to post a comment in this topic. Login or create an account.

Upgrade to wepowder Pro

• Extended 14 day forecast
  • Slope angle and exposition terrain layers
  • Inspirational freeride routes
wePowder Pro