Avalanche of skiers in Snowbird

Avalanche of skiers in Snowbird

What happens when ski patrol in Snowbird, UT drops the rope on a powder day? Well, the snow is tracked in a matter of minutes, if not seconds. It looks like an avalanche of skiers coming down. Powder panic in its ultimate form. Check it out below!

Arjen
was born with maps of ski areas in the cradle and has visited almost all of them. His great passion is freeriding.

Replies

Advanced
MettflowAuthor1 March 2018 · 23:54

I would love to ski the famous american and canadian resorts one day, but I think europe is for an 8 am waking up lazy ass like me better. Always fun watching american faces when I tell them that with a bit of hiking you can ride first tracks even 3 days after a storm :D

Advanced
Chester_TartsnatcherAuthor3 March 2018 · 04:35

Yeah, right, like it’s not like that in Verbier or Sankt Anton. Americas are like Yurp: if you go with the herds, you end up in the herds. If you look around, you get fresh tracks and friendly people.

EuroBBI2024 Rueras, CH March 1-9, 2024
Advanced
PetterAuthor5 March 2018 · 13:55

There are resorts in Europe when i can get first tracks four days in a row even without hiking ;-)

Avoiding Verbier or St Anton due to powder stress.

Snow should always be dry, cold, and free. Like champagne!
Advanced
Chester_TartsnatcherAuthor5 March 2018 · 14:23

There are resorts in les Etats Unis where I can get first tracks five days in a row without hiking. Avoid Snowbird, Alta, Jackson Hole, Vail, Breckenridge, etc, etc etc. If you go with the herds you end up with the herds. Or something that rhymes with herds.

EuroBBI2024 Rueras, CH March 1-9, 2024
Never miss a PowderAlert!

Get updates on the latest news, PowderAlerts and more!